Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jsmitheh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jun 2009, 10:42 am

Ever since I can remember I have always been able to eat what I want and never get fat. I sometimes imagine that it isn't because of a fast metabolism but it's because of a giant worm inside my body. Gross.

Anyway, does anyone else have a fast metabolism? I like it.

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2009, 10:57 am

Yer, I'm kinda the same. Although, last time I checked, my BMI was 16.45 so I'm not so sure I appreciate like you do :?

Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2009, 12:44 pm

Mine's ridiculously fast, I eat nothing but junk food and garbage, without it I'd easily be 300 lbs.

I'm only 155, though. Heh, when my metabolism goes out I'm screwed.

02 Jun 2009, 12:57 pm

I had it when I was a kid because of the medication I was on for two years. I used to eat and eat and eat in buffet restaurants and not gain weight. Now I think it's slower because my weight literally goes up when I put lot of food in my stomach and it does not go back down to it's normal weight the way it was the day before.

But people say I have fast metablism because I can eat junk food and not get fat. I never tried doing it everyday just to see if I put on weight or not. I have eaten sweets at work everyday. I don't buy junk food that much either.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2009, 1:03 pm

lol I've been thinking the same thing about the worm :P

I think in my case it's just the fact that I'm so hyper- I walk everywhere, never use lifts or elevators (I love stairs), can't sit still for long, run a few km 4-5 days a week etc.

apart from that I overindulge in energy drinks, coffee and tea and that speeds up metabolism too.

but mainly I think that I don't gain weight because I'm too disorganised to cook. I quite like cooking, but the logistics of it are just so overwhealming that I hardly ever do it. so most of the time I eat stuff like joghurts and fruit.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2009, 7:30 pm

I have an extremely fast metabolism, once a week I would have...12x3 cookies, three bags of crisp, and probably another packet of biscuits, if anyone else ate that much I'd assume they'd put on weight. I don't, I have a BMI of 16.5, just how I like it :D Despite all the crap I eat I have hypotension :lol:

willa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2009, 7:36 pm

You all can go to hell! :D :D

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2009, 10:36 pm

Well I find it annoying, because it is hard for me to put on weight and if I don't eat enough I lose energy and can't do much. But yeah if I eat heaps I can work and work.

To me having fat is like gold, once I've gained some fat it's good storage for energy, it is more healthy to have fat on you because if you don't your body will start eating itself.

I'm on a restricted diet so I can't eat whatever I like, but I do my best to eat as much as i can.
People are always supprised to see me eating a huge plate of food. I love food and if I didn't have a high metabolism I'm sure i'd be morbidly obese. :lmao:

I was reading about it ages ago. There are not to many of us skinnies in the population because we are the first to starve if their is a food shortage.

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2009, 3:21 am

MR_BOGAN wrote:
I was reading about it ages ago. There are not to many of us skinnies in the population because we are the first to starve if their is a food shortage.

Yay?

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2009, 5:04 am

My metabolism is quite fast indeed. I eat a lot, I don't excercise very much, but I'll still not gain weight.

Maybe it's because of the water I drink. Cold water can really get metabolism running.

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2009, 5:07 am

I did, I think mine is beginning to die. I'm normal sized, used to be rake-like.
Although more recently I'm eating staple food (rice, pasta, potato) as opposed to what I did eat (meat, various meat, more meat).

04 Jun 2009, 12:28 pm

It seems like mine started to speed up from a few work outs I started to do.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2009, 12:46 pm

MR_BOGAN wrote:

that kinda makes sense... but then again, we live longer :p

Henriksson wrote:
My metabolism is quite fast indeed. I eat a lot, I don't excercise very much, but I'll still not gain weight.

Maybe it's because of the water I drink. Cold water can really get metabolism running.

actually, I drink loads of cold water too... but I think it's all the caffeine that's to credit for my particular metabolism :p

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2009, 5:05 pm

anna-banana wrote:
MR_BOGAN wrote:

that kinda makes sense... but then again, we live longer :p

So maybe the skinnies will take over while there is an over supply of food. We will thrieve and take over like the dinosaurs. :chin:

Thus once the skinnies have depleted the food supplies the human race will become extinct.

:nerdy:

IggySentMe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jul 2011, 8:17 pm

Yup, fast metabolism right here. I'm hungry all the time and my weight is pathetic despite having a life style more like a sloth than a human. And I hate it.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 1:03 am

willa wrote:
You all can go to hell! :D :D

+1.
I was obese for years on less than 500 calories a week.
I've been eating more lately (following an 80 lb weight loss caused by a prescription for that purpose) and seem to be maintaining if not slowly losing more.

to his Interest."