Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

TheUsualSuspect
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jun 2009, 11:01 pm

OK didn't know where to put this so threw it here. I recently developed this weird issue im assuming its sensory as im yet to get to a doctor and only other thing i can think of is brain injury or tumor and don't wanna think bout either so ill go with sensory issue as it started well i was under a lot of stress. basically i went to a concert 3 weeks later went to doctor cause still had some hearing problems doctor says everything is 100% ok on my audiogram. I'm not convinced but i agree cause he has the results. anyways 2 weeks after this im still worrying and all of a sudden a new symptom every time i hear the specific sound S, CH, TH,ZZZ you get the picture that band of sounds I hear it like 2x loud over other sounds and its causing me to not understand conversations and also to be sitting in my room with tv shut off alone due to the strain its taking on me. my question is this has anyone with aspergers ever gotten stressed over a issue and it lead to a physical manifestation of the issue. Im like 75% sure this was caused by stress and my aspergers leading to putting up a sorta sensory defense against that sound range leading to this issue. ill see a doctor later this week but any thoughts or any idea's? ive read something about defensive sounds in asperger's children with sensory issues so i was wondering if anyone had ever had anything like this? its been about 3 weeks since it started. thx for any replies.