Bodies found in Atlantic City(old news)

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 8:55 am

Anybody remember that big news story about the bodies of four women found in A.C.?
I never read it in depth but they were all missing their shoes! What do you suppose that is about? Who would steal a shoe off a dead body?...EEEWWWWW!

Ben_Shapiro
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jun 2009, 9:01 am

Well if you really wanted shoes and you couldnt afford them, then seems logical to take them from some one who no longer has any use for them. On the other hand it may have a victory trophy that the killer took in the same way as I keep the signature of all the people who have written maths tests and then I find an unsolvable question, so the killer can prove they did it.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 9:49 am

Ben_Shapiro wrote:
Well if you really wanted shoes and you couldnt afford them, then seems logical to take them from some one who no longer has any use for them. On the other hand it may have a victory trophy that the killer took in the same way as I keep the signature of all the people who have written maths tests and then I find an unsolvable question, so the killer can prove they did it.

I don't understand. Why do you keep their signatures again? And why would this man or woman "keep" their shoes? Do you think that the killer, he or she, would want to "prove" that they did it? To me, it honestly sounds like a pimp war. I've killed four of your street walkers and I've got the shoes to prove it! Is that what you mean? Sometimes, I think that the killer is a jealous wife who's wearing those shoes. Brrrr....I don't think I want to talk about this anymore :cry:

Ben_Shapiro
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jun 2009, 11:51 am

No just to keep them as a prize for himself, for his pride.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 11:56 am

A killer would collect items from the person(s) he killed for numerous reasons.

1. The items contained evidence that could identify the body, trace back to himself, etc.
2. Souvenir (Killers don't show these off, obviously. This is for themselves. They may take an item that makes them remember their crime to re-live it. Also, it may have some symbolic value to the killer.)
3. To get the authorities on false leads.
4. For his own clothing needs. (This is very unlikely unless the killer was escaping or needed a quick change of clothes-- and they'd only need to harm one person so this wasn't the case for the case you're talking about).
5. Animals took the items off of the person while it's decomposing (this could also be true for humans, but is unlikely).