Other 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Open up, sesame! 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 78

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2009, 4:03 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
Do not create multiple topics in a short amount of time.
* Do not create multiple similarly themed topics; please combine them into one topic.

Then I transgress T&C everyday. I post incessantly, and mostly only about the same topics: 1. My blindness to the nonverbal; 2. What a loser I am.

Someone help me shut up! 8O

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2009, 4:11 pm

On one forum I got banned even though I did bad things unintentionally and was trying to be good. The forum gave three strikes, and then you'd be banned on the 3rd strike.

Here's why I got my strike....

1st Strike - Apparentely I was spamming on every post I made. I did not know I was doing that.
2nd Strike - Posting stuff on the wrong forums. This was an accident, it was confusing to know the right forum to post stuff in at that time.
3rd Strike - Spamming via Private Messaging. I advertised my website through PMs, but I was just hoping that people would be friendly and compliment my website. I did not think I was breaking the rules or being bad in any way.

I was hated on that forum, maybe if they'd know I was autistic, it might have been a little bit easier. But I'll never make those mistakes again.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

kaitlyn_loves_music
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jun 2009, 4:16 pm

no never.
and this is the only forum i talk on anyways.
im wondering how many people get banned on here and what do you say to make you get banned???

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2009, 4:34 pm

kaitlyn_loves_music wrote:
no never.
and this is the only forum i talk on anyways.
im wondering how many people get banned on here and what do you say to make you get banned???

3. Other inappropriate content and behavior prohibited on Wrong Planet:
This includes copyrighted material, serial codes, and posts made to promote a website, group or product, particularly if made repeatedly and without other participation in the WP community (spamming). This also includes discussion of locked topics, discussion of banned members and why they were banned and anything else that purposely causes conflict with other members.

if one has any other questions the rules and the terms of service are posted in this very thread. the link to the rules, are here:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt12459.html

remember, every member agreed to follow the rules when the member registered, this is why it is the member's responsibility to follow them. the mod team always want to communicate with anyone that goes against the rules, so they can become good members of the community.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2009, 4:38 pm

I posted a topic complaining about bulling then posted it in several forums. I was banned for multiple posts.

I did it to be banned because they would not remove my account.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2009, 4:58 pm

Greentea wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
Do not create multiple topics in a short amount of time.
* Do not create multiple similarly themed topics; please combine them into one topic.

Then I transgress T&C everyday. I post incessantly, and mostly only about the same topics: 1. My blindness to the nonverbal; 2. What a loser I am.

Someone help me shut up! 8O

Keep talking, you do start some interesting threads.

millie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2009, 5:26 pm

^ I agree with the Inventor.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2009, 5:27 pm

Thanks, Inventor, that's nice of you :)

Crassus
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jun 2009, 5:47 pm

I concur with Inventor as well. I haven't been here very long, Greentea, but you certainly stand out as one of the more provocative posters, in the sense that you provoke me to think a little more carefully about things I may not have otherwise.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2009, 6:07 pm

just-me wrote:
I posted a topic complaining about bulling then posted it in several forums. I was banned for multiple posts.

I did it to be banned because they would not remove my account.

You know, if you don't want to be involved in a forum any more, all you have to do is never go there again, and make sure before you go that you change the password to something ridiculous that even a dedicated hacker would never guess (make it as long as permissible, with both letters and numbers, and with all characters chosen at random - no rational relationship between them at all).

That way, the whole mess is out of your hair, and no black mark on your hypothetical record! :)

Never been banned, never been warned, never even made people mad at me but once, and that almost five years back - what am I doing wrong? :)

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2009, 6:44 pm

I have been banned/suspended from multiple forums when I was younger... lots of warnings as well. I was unaware I was doing anything wrong most instances.

hfa426
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jun 2009, 6:53 pm

It is a shame that the "all caring" Aspie community bans others on autistic spectrum like myself. I have been a victim myself and have never broken any written rules, only social ones. Is there any admins I can speak to so that the admins discriminating against me can be aware what they are doing is wrong?

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2009, 6:57 pm

hfa426 wrote:
It is a shame that the "all caring" Aspie community bans others on autistic spectrum like myself. I have been a victim myself and have never broken any written rules, only social ones. Is there any admins I can speak to so that the admins discriminating against me can be aware what they are doing is wrong?

there are three moderators on right now that can answer your questions.
you may PM any of those below or write it all out here, if you like.

Quatermass
lau
SinsBoldly
makuranososhi

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt67102.htmlMODERATOR ATTENTION: how to get help when you need it

CleverKitten
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2009, 7:11 pm

I have not been banned, but I was extremely hated on one forum because:

Did not understand sarcasm/ inferences
I used too many "big words" and people did not understand what I typed. (By the way, I only typed the way I do on this forum. Do you think my vocabulary is too advanced?)
I tended to add a disclaimer to my posts whenever I joked or used sarcasm. But they got mad at me saying that I didn't need to do that. However, whenever I didn't add that disclaimer, they ALWAYS misinterpreted my posts. Go figure.
I wasn't in tune with the internet lingo or 4chan memes that were used all too frequently.
I was apparently a "troll". I guess I was so different that people thought I was being different of purpose or something?

I like it way better here. People actually explain things and wait for explanations, rather than assuming knowledge.

Check out my blog: http://glanceoutthewindow.blogspot.com/

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2009, 10:54 pm

I've never been banned but the reason is simple - I rarely participate.

I do read a few forums and I think the group dynamics are very similar to those IRL. There's always a pecking order and double standard based on post count or how established members interact with each other and the position they assumed in the group. Some of these can never be contradicted, not even in a polite and civilized manner. I've often seen almost identical posts getting a completely different treatment based on that - people getting flamed for not knowing their place and saying things only the leaders were allowed to say. There's little tolerance for different opinions, which will often be attacked by the majority - those who stand their ground might end up getting the silence treatment or being chased away by constant nasty comments. I'm sure there are a lot of other things I don't pick up, because sometimes the same ideas get you accepted or rejected - it's probably the manner in which people express themselves.

These things exhaust me and I prefer to save my energy and concentration for real life situations - I find WP more tolerant and it's the only forum I post in.

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2009, 1:28 am

I've never been banned, and I've only been warned once because I was playing by the rules of one of those 'two word story' game threads, so I got in trouble for spamming as I wasn't supposed to post new posts in a thread in less than 3 minutes apart.

I don't usually post often on boards so I don't get noticed enough to be hated or liked.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History