Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Roybertito
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2006, 6:53 am

alex wrote:
Who here watches the office? I would like to know.

British or American? I stopped watching American a while back -- it could've been better, it's not as funny as the British version, which they don't show enough.

I love BBC America, though, even if they don't show The Office enough -- they show a bunch of Flying Circus reruns!

wandrew
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2006, 3:18 am

I love the American version--haven't seen the BBC version yet; don't get BBC America.
Steve Carell is brilliant--I loved him in Anchorman. Every time I quote a line from the film, it's one of his:

Brick: "I love lamp."
Ron: "Brick, do you really love the lamp or are you just saying you love the lamp because it's in the room?"
Brick: "I love lamp. I love lamp."

And these lines:
"I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!"
"Hey, where'd you get those clothes--at the toilet store?"
"Veronica, I would like to cordially invite you to the pants party."

And this famous exchange:

Brick: I killed somebody.
Ron: I saw that! Brick killed a guy! Was that a trident?
Brick: Yeah. There was a guy on fire, and two guys on horses, and I killed a man with a trident.
Ron: I've been meaning to talk to you about that, Brick. I think you ought to lay low, maybe stay with a relative for a few days, because you're probably wanted for murder.

Can't wait to see Steve in the new version of Get Smart!. BTW, I think that's why there'll be no new episodes of The Office after March. So the show's not been cancelled--it'll just be on hiatus until he's done with the movie.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2006, 9:28 am

Ive just this week finished the US version, which i didnt know existed until i saw this thread.

I really enjoyed it - completely different plot-lines, so hopefully they can do a new series. Some of the characters are great too - Dwight is an awesome character once he gets established & the big guy who grins is a nice alternative for keith.