Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

pschristmas
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 3:13 pm

redRTCrazy wrote:
...but something unexpected happened: MORE people thought I looked good and smiled at me when I walked past! WHAT?? I thought I would still be treated as a reject no matter what I did and as soon as I started dressing like a reject, types of people(preppy) that used to snub me are now looking at me in admiration? WTF!! !

:lol: I'd probably be one of those people. I remember once in the Smithsonian Institute there was this little girl about 15 or 16 wandering around with a group of goth kids. She had lots of black, red and chains but also long auburn curls, a china doll face and freckles. I remember thinking fondly that it must be galling to try so hard for dark and scary only to stall out somewhere around cute as a bug. :lol: But I've always thought the goth kids looked cute.

Regards,

Patricia

PrincessMR1899
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jun 2009, 9:19 pm

In my field it's kinda hard NOT to go with the fashions, but I usually mix different fashions to make my own style. People like it, so I guess it's good for me, but when I was younger, I did go with the latest fashions, but then the feeling that I HAD to, went away, and I just went back to my own style...I'm unique and can't help myself!

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 6:15 am

I don't really understand fashion myself. Just wear whats comfortable.

pinkbowtiepumps
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2009, 1:07 am

I'll admit, I do care about fashion. I'm not exactly what you'd call trendy, though. Since I have no sense of where different dress codes apply, all my clothes are somewhat dressy. I feel like a slob in sweatshirts, so I guess I usually appear somewhat put-together. I've been told I look like a stereotypical french girl (whatever that means?)

My jeans are all some sort of dark color and I wear a different blazer almost every day over various t-shirts or girly blouses. It transgresses into work, play, class, everything. And all the colors are pretty neutral, except for my shirts, so it all goes together. I love sneakers too, but not the type that look like running shoes. If I feel like it I'll wear giant sunglasses and carry a giant purse and pretend I follow trends religiously, but honestly I don't have the patience.

If something is comfortable but not too baggy where I get lost in it, then I'm happy. I think it's okay to repeat similar outfits as long as your clothes are timeless enough to not make you stand out like a sore thumb.

princesseli
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2009, 9:21 pm

I'd say back in highschool, my fashion sense used to really suck. I used to wear these ugly baggy pants that were 2 sizes too big, Im not exactly sure why I got them. It was probably partially since I was shopping with my mom and I didnt know my actual size back then. As I got older, I became a lot more aware of fashion. I dress super casual, I do not know how to dress things up. I dont really care that much about fashion, I just started idolizing people for there fashion. I like wear dark jeans, shorts, t shirts with creative prints, love my black boots, occational hair clips, etc. I like to dye my hair red/purple but its hard cause my natural hair color is already black and so you have to either bleach it before you dye it or bye hair color specially made for dark hair. Thinking right now: I wanna dye my hair again.