Page 36 of 38 [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2020, 2:28 pm

A nephew of mine tried making a cake once and then prominently put it in the freezer.

When his mother asked why he put it in the freezer, he answered that the recipe called for it to be iced.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2020, 6:34 pm

When my son was younger and wanted to pull a fast one or make some silly claim, he would start with "it has been scientifically proven...", or "it's an established fact..." and it's amazing how often he managed to get away with it, sometimes even in school :lol:

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2020, 1:55 pm

Twilightprincess,

How sweet about that girl!

Domensiclivnaphorum
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Dec 2020, 7:51 pm

I'm autistic but my brother is heavier on the spectrum. So we go to this ice cream shop in Hannibal Missouri that closed. And Thomas asks the guy behind the bar "do you have any free water?" my dad thought that was hilarious but he asked because they charge you at the gas station in town and he went on an exercise kick where he would just drink tons of water and the gas station was halfway along his route but I gotta ask the parents have any of you had to go through the opposite where you have no idea why until like a year later but your kid won't talk to you for like a whole summer even though he can and the reason for the anger is totally obscure this pissed my mom off to no end LOL I think it's funny because the anger was not directed at me but that's not even the bare minimum he wanted to prove that the tooth fairy wasn't real so he pulled all of his baby teeth to get the money (no money ever came) and you should have seen the school pictures my mom was livid!

Caroline20
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2020, 7:45 pm

My mom's sister in Cary made a thread "Kids say the darndest things" on my dad's website.
Here's the link to the Kids say the darndest things thread on my dad's website: https://forum.philomando.org/viewtopic. ... 478ab6ea60

Trojanofpeace wrote:
Me: hey son, do you know what a clone is?
Son: yep
Me: would you like a clone of you?
Me: what would you do if you had a clone of you?
Son: I'd get the sharpest knife from the kitchen and stab it to death.
Me: 8O

I would rather say your son doesn't want a clone of himself. I think of Amy as my clone because she looks just like me with the springs.

Claire treats me hypocritically by saying that Dorothy and Helen are her clones, but not letting me say that Amy is my clone. And then, saying something more snarky like saying that I'm a clone of Leo. I can't be a clone of Leo. First of all, I'm a girl and Leo is a boy. And second of all, Leo's younger than me. If Dorothy and Helen are Claire's clones, then, Amy and Thérèse are my clones.

janecp
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jun 2021, 5:37 am

Aspie parenting Aspie: when he was still <2yo, he was fussing at the playground and I was verbally going through the list of things he might need: milk? nap? diaper? He looks up at me and says, matter of factly: "I just need to freak out a little". "Oh... Ok sweetie, you can freak out as much as you need to, I'm right here".

He's also a picky eater, and came out with this gem one day: "I can't eat my jam - the BREAD'S in the way!"

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2022, 8:38 am

BenderRodriguez wrote:
When my son was younger and wanted to pull a fast one or make some silly claim, he would start with "it has been scientifically proven...", or "it's an established fact..." and it's amazing how often he managed to get away with it, sometimes even in school :lol:

I've seen plenty of adults try to do that.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2022, 8:39 am

Trojanofpeace wrote:
Me: hey son, do you know what a clone is?
Me: would you like a clone of you?
Me: what would you do if you had a clone of you?
Son: I'd get the sharpest knife from the kitchen and stab it to death.
Me: 8O

But what if you get cloned and then you find out that you're the clone!

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 12:21 pm

One of my third grade students said that people die “when they’re like 50.” He asked me how old I was. When I told him, he patted me on the shoulder consolingly and said: “Don’t worry Miss _____. I’m sure you have many years left.”

Kids.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 29 Mar 2023, 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 1:00 pm

They also write the darndest things, my daughter has no recollection of this :lol:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 1:08 pm

:heart: ^

When I was really little I watched The Partridge Family.
I thought Laurie Partridge was really old, like maybe even eleven!!
I couldn't wait to be eleven like her.

She's on the far right in the picture. ^
She was 17 when the show started and 21 at the end.

My daughter was afraid to go to middle school (7th and 8th graders -- age 12 or 13) because she imagined the boys having full beards, carrying guns and driving muscle cars. :skull:

I had to tell her in Canada we don't carry guns ... maybe middle schoolers in USA could be like that tho.

*whistles sadly*

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 11:08 am

^ It sounds like the middle schoolers in my district, minus the muscle cars.

Today one of my 4th grade students told me: “I accidentally threw my shoe on top of the church roof.”

:lol:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 12:52 pm

Dear Tooth Fairy,

Can you please leave one of those necklaces that have a little plastic tooth on the bottom big enough for 13 teeth with a lid that opens and in the middle give me some money and still leave my tooth.

PS Write back, you!

(my daughter)

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 1:11 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Dear Tooth Fairy,

Can you please leave one of those necklaces that have a little plastic tooth on the bottom big enough for 13 teeth with a lid that opens and in the middle give me some money and still leave my tooth.

PS Write back, you!

(my daughter)

Aw so sweet. :heart:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 2:45 pm

"siply the best" :heart:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2023, 9:02 pm

This is part of a thank you note my son wrote to me when I got him a puppy.

He wrote it from the puppy's point of view. :heart: