Page 34 of 38 [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2016, 7:50 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
A lot of people think it's funny when a little kid says something really embarrassing like, "Mom, why does your breath smell so bad in the morning?"or "Hey, Grandma has a mustache!", but when you get older everyone glares at you for saying something that was meant to be a joke, and then you get lectured for a good 30 minutes by your mom for saying something you didn't even realize was wrong and stupid until she tells you, and even asks you why you would say something like that when you're a teenager now and should know better.

Who am I talking about? Why whatever do you mean? :roll:

Since most people do learn that stuff is rude by their teens, you're blindly expected to make the same progress. They don't give a crap whether you had a chance to do so or were too isolated and never explicitly taught.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

markande
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Apr 2016, 8:07 pm

My daughter E (5) can speak but rarely does. Today in the car I was on speakerphone to a good friend whose house we were travelling to, and told him I was sorry, we were running late because we were stuck in traffic. E looked at me with a very serious expression on her face and said, 'We are not in traffic, we are traffic.' Took me a moment to realise I really can't fault her on that one. :lol:

charlottetuggle
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Apr 2016, 7:45 am

Sometimes it is very much surprising.

momofmax
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 May 2016, 8:06 pm

I have twins, boy/girl. 7 yrs old. My son has Aspergers. He's ALWAYS said the funniest things!! Hilarious. I now know that some of it is because of his aspergers. I didn't realize it at the time, though. He was just diagnosed a few weeks ago.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 8:18 pm

^Would you be willing to share some funny stories? :)

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

momofmax

05 May 2016, 9:08 pm

My son was in the bathtub with his twin sister and he stood up yelling, " Help me, Help me, save the toys!!"
His twin sister had done a teeny tiny poop that was floating around the tub. I was laughing so hard. I think they were about 4. He calls my parents house the "broken house" because it's being remodeled. He's not trying to be funny, or cute, but it is. I guess it really is kind of broken, for now.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2016, 12:49 am

I'm really enjoying these funny and interesting posts. When I was little, I remember touching my grandmothers arm and saying, "How come your skin is too big for you?"

momofmax

10 May 2016, 6:53 pm

Haaahaa, your poor grandma. I can see why you said that, though. :D

1stSauce
Toucan
Toucan

19 Sep 2016, 10:25 pm

When I was little, a video camera was pointed down at me and I said "turn it off!!"

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 2:10 am

When he was 3 my son asked his bear-bellied grandfather if he has a baby in there "like my mummy".

A couple of years older, his grandma was preparing him for kindergarten in the morning and he could never find his little backpack - same thing every morning. Exasperated, she says "You have to find it or... I'm going to kill you!" Him, perfectly calm: "if you kill me I won't need it anymore".

Around the same age a good friend of ours got his PhD and hearing that he's a "Doctor" now, my son asked if he can come to see him if he gets sick. My friend explained that he's a Doctor of Philosophy, not a Medical Doctor, so my son promptly asked "Is Philosophy sick?"

Yes, he's an Aspie :lol:

connieapmag
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Sep 2016, 4:21 am

so very true

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 2:48 pm

My 5 year old aspie son drank some water then he said, "Ahhh, now I'm hydrated." I have no clue where he picked that up.

pddtwinmom
Toucan
Toucan

21 Oct 2016, 8:56 pm

My five year old HFA child asked me tonight, "when you love someone, does your red heart in your chest send out little pink ones?"

We were talking about emotions (and biology, since hearts factor into descriptions of so many emotions and my boy knows his anatomy - ha!), and evidently he took all of the Valentines Day cartoons very literally. You know the ones where the heart is beating extra big in the cartoons chest then the little baby hearts come out? Too cute!

I'm waiting for the "hearts in your eyes" question, since cartoons do that a lot too. :D

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2016, 6:00 pm

Pddtwinmom,

That is cute!

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 2:57 am

Mother at the playground: "Boys and girls are so different."

My son, age 8, interrupting: "Yeah, girls have a vagina where their penis should be."

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2017, 9:57 pm

Tennis players say the darndest things, too:

Denis Istomin, in answer to a reporter's question about whether he had eleven toes said, "No, I wear size 13 shoes, so I have thirteen toes."