Any guys here annoyed by the macho expectation?

Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2009, 4:28 pm

SystemDown wrote:
I just don't understand it. Being macho just doesn't come natural to me.

It probably doesn't come natural to a lot of NT's but that doesn't mean they aren't very careful about coming across as anything other than what society deems "male like." In other words, they want to avoid looking effeminate in any way.

WoodenNickel
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jun 2009, 8:39 pm

I'm so oblivious that I don't know what it is. Is roughhousing with children macho? When is it appropriate to hold a door for a woman? American women hate it, yet foreign women (at least, the ones I had relationships with) almost expected it.

carturo222
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2009, 10:55 pm

Ichinin wrote:
The only girls/women i respect are the women that have no expectations upon me; girls who expect me to be some sort of knight in shining armour that are ready to die for them can take their "equality" and f--k off.

Quite well said. That's my credo too.

But where do we find women without preconceived expectations? Where does one find such openness, such tolerance?

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2009, 11:13 pm

There's an expectation?

I thought it was more of a preference thingy....

Girly-men annoy me, but that's just a preference, 'cause I'm a manly-man who guts and dresses his own kill*.

*Well, I am an "extreme male" according to Cohen. :lol:

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 12:48 pm

AtomicKaiju wrote:
Practically 90% of the people I know look down on me for not being "macho". I hate cars, sports (especially football), slu*ty women, and having to prove my strength and/or courage by doing some Jackass stunt. When I express this loathing, I either get people walking away from me, or responses like "What kind of man doesn't like football/trucks/Paris Hilton?" or "Your not a man, your a boy!" Also, when something upsets me, I usually cry. This either pisses off all the "macho" men, or I become a laughing stock to everyone. I can't help expressing my sadness, and I feel that I shouldn't have to hold back my true emotions just so I could fit in with the kind of people that I HATE!! !! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I just hope I can find more people that either are like me, or are able to accept me for who I am without giving me bull****.

Celebrate your individuality. Be proud of being one of the few men out there who aren't actually afraid to be emotional.

Somewhere in within that region will be some people who also don't give a rat's ass about macho expectations. I hope you find some friends who are REAL people.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 2:20 pm

I recently saw an advert for one of these compilation CDs, and all it consisted of was a scantily clad women dancing 'suggestively', intercut with video of fast cars, and a fast paced track playing in the background. WTF?

discosizzle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jun 2009, 2:28 pm

SystemDown wrote:
I just don't understand it. Being macho just doesn't come natural to me.

Many things in many situations/cultures can determine what is the definition of "macho". The lines between male and female in humans is becoming a blurry thin one and I for one don't like it. There's nothing wrong with being masculine or feminine. I also think that just because a woman is strong or does things in a "man's world" they are less of a woman. My wife is sexy as hell in a business suit. She's also sexy when she where's nothing but a football jersey. Xena, Red Sonja, and cowgirls are sexy, but still remain feminine. Smart girls are hot too. I guess that's why I love my wife, she has all these qualities. I'm also a jock nerd. I'm physically gifted in sports and love football, but my IQ is fairly high, and academics/sciences/math always came easy to me. I'm also talented in art. I think the trick is to find out what's great about yourself and be confident in that. If you have weaknesses, work on them. Become confident in who you are, but know you are a work in progress. Women like confident men and that's partially the reason why girls date jerks, and over the top macho men. A lot of what they exude is false confidence, but it's confidence nonetheless.