Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 5:00 am

I'm feeling a little more confident about posting this now, after finding out that a whole bunch of other people also like Pokemon.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else plays Pokemon. I've been playing it since I was three, and have all of the main games and post of the spin-offs ^^;; At the moment I am working to complete the Pokedex on my Pokemon Diamond, as well as raise my elite team (Charizard, Venasuar, Blastoise, Emporon(sp?), Sealeno(sp?) and Dragonite)

Michjo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 6:30 am

:? You don't have a ninjask in your elite team? :?

I've played pokemon before, it's a very good game, but likewise i don't go around advertising that fact .

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 7:37 am

I play(ed). (past tense currently, because my DS battery is dead).

Current games I have are:
Sapphire, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness, Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, Diamond, and Platinum.

Past ones included: Gold, LeafGreen, Pokémon Ranger, and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team.

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

Gifted-Monster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jun 2009, 10:44 am

I'm a pokemon fan here.

I love to cheat though. Cheat as hard and badly as possible.

Full team of traded monsters? s**t yeah.

Favorite team is...

Mew (level 7)
Scyther (Level 5)/ Sneasel (Level 5)
Larvitar (Level 5)
Eevee (Level 5)
Mareep (Level 5)
Starter (Level 5)

I usually bypass my starter and level the others. The start sucks because you have to be careful. Can't get traded ones past level 10 before Bugsy or they go rogue.

After that though...you can go nuts.

Mew is good due to psychic powers and how it has at least standard effectiveness on everything

Scyther/ Sneasel for sheer speed and quick striking.

Larvitar for defence/ anti-psychic/ anti-ghost.

Eevee for anti-ghost (With shadow-ball in-bred :D) and a good base pokemon with normal attacks.

Mareep for electric attacks and a heavy-hitting pokemon.

All these have their booster items attached as well so I rape the s**t out of everything >.> XD

I sometimes switch Larvitar out for Dratini for sheer heavy-hitting capability and ice/ fire/ thunder moves.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 1:23 pm

I beat Pokémon Red a few times back in high school, before it got really big...I was really disappointed that the ending is almost the same if you catch all of them =/

Tried playing Silver and Sapphire, but couldn't really get into them as much for some reason...maybe I'll give Sapphire another shot sometime.

LAEMapsie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jun 2009, 4:44 pm

I had Pokemon Red on my Game Boy Color ages ago.

I just downloaded Pokemon Yellow on my R4 DS using on a GB emulator.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2009, 12:20 am

I play Pokemon, my favirout time playing was when I used to play Crystal on Pokemon Stadium 2. At the moment I play platnium in spare time, I have been trying to take on trainers with pokemon weaker then their's, I also found a Scyther with amazing atack and an ability that makes attacks =<60 times \ed by 1.5. An ability called Technician, an ability I hadent heard of until a wild lvl 20 Scyther was causing a surptisingly large amount of damage to my lvl 25s with false swipe and pursuit.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2009, 10:15 am

I used to be a radical pokemon fan some years ago, i had all the cards from the kanto season, watched all the episodes of the indigo league and had most of the plush dolls, but i just went WTF when the orange islands season came, and i was surprised that the protagonist in the second season of the video games wasn't Ash (Red in the videogames) but Gold. I got used to the new characters eventually though :)

Gifted-Monster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jun 2009, 8:42 am

I can't wait till HeartGold and SouLSilver.

Apparently 498 or w/e Pokemon in it follow you around exactly like pikachu in Pokemon Yellow. Gonna be awesome! :D

Can catch Rayquaza, Groundon and Kyogre in it as well which will rock :D

The anime...I loathe it. They should remake it a'la Hellsing and Negima. *Sage nod* Preferably rated PG-M

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Jun 2009, 4:14 pm

I was obsessed with Pokemon when it first came out just like everyone else. Had almost all the original cards, a lot of the ones only available in Japan. A bunch of Pokemon Plush, Posters, Handbooks, those collectible gold plated things you could only get at Burger King or something, the spinning tops from the cereal boxes. Yeah, they made a loooooooooot of money off of me. :P I watched all the episodes of the Anime, I beat all the games. But after Gold/Silver I stopped playing. Finally outgrew it I suppose.

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2009, 3:45 am

I've Had Every Pokemon Game Since Red & Blue on Game Boy Colour. Im Currently Playing Pokemon Yellow.

KiyokosOnlyOnigiri
Raven
Raven

16 Jun 2009, 4:15 pm

I play(ed) Pokemon. I especially liked Diamond-Pearl.

I cannot play it at all here (where I live, that is), but I've enjoyed it. My Drifblim is very helpful for a lot of battles... =)

EDIT - The anime is terrible - I stopped watching it a long time ago, and many of the scenes were cut because it was aimed at really young kids.

Either way, the games are cool.

Optician_Of_Urza
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jun 2009, 7:23 pm

I fell off the Pokemon wagon yesterday. I restarted LeafGreen (had already transferred a load of Pokemon onto Diamond so it was pretty much blank). I wanted to go back to a simpler time when Pokemon number only a little more than a gross and legendaries weren't two a penny. I've also decided to just play a fun team with no "obvious" Pokemon. That means that when I have access to all the Pokemon of my optimal team it will not contain any starters, any legendary Pokemon, or any Pokemon that are clearly overpowered. The team I'm looking to put together is: Rapidash, Kingler, Dugtrio, Hypno, Dodrio and Parasect.

Elfnote
Raven
Raven

16 Jun 2009, 9:12 pm

I've loved pokemon when I was younger, droped off around gen 3(Mainly because of the lack of a day/night cycle), and recently got back into it. That game is like crack, it is so addicting!

Games: Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Crystal, Colosseum, and Platinum(Still on first play though).

I cant wait for the GS remakes to hit!

As far as the Anime.... while it may be how I got into the games, I despise it now, absolutly hate it. It single handedly ruined the game's reputation, and for a while now have thought it would be in their best interest to either cancel it or do a more violent reboot of it.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 9:42 am

Until/Unless Nintendo starts getting a bit more creative, they're not getting any more cold, hard cash from me.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 12:02 pm

Optician_Of_Urza wrote:
I fell off the Pokemon wagon yesterday. I restarted LeafGreen (had already transferred a load of Pokemon onto Diamond so it was pretty much blank). I wanted to go back to a simpler time when Pokemon number only a little more than a gross and legendaries weren't two a penny. I've also decided to just play a fun team with no "obvious" Pokemon. That means that when I have access to all the Pokemon of my optimal team it will not contain any starters, any legendary Pokemon, or any Pokemon that are clearly overpowered. The team I'm looking to put together is: Rapidash, Kingler, Dugtrio, Hypno, Dodrio and Parasect.
I dont like uising legendaries and the like either, it is much more satasfiying to win with a team of more original pokemon like Gliscor you raised from egg rather then be a noob and win with a Groudon. Anyone played Pokemon Snap, that was a game I would play all the time, I found it realy fun seeing them in a natureal setting and trying to uncover good pictures.

Also the show tended to be incorect at times, one instance at a break asking what pokemon evolves into Seviper, and their answer was Arbok, and I cant help but cringe when I watch the first movie and they say Alakazam's silhouette is Scyther.