Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Gifted-Monster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2009, 2:16 am

I honestly adored the first movie.

Mewtwo was, IMO, the best developed villain seen in Pokemon. He had substance.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2009, 11:27 am

Gifted-Monster wrote:
I honestly adored the first movie.

Mewtwo was, IMO, the best developed villain seen in Pokemon. He had substance.

I think Dan Green (guy who did Yugi moto) did a wonderful job with Mewtwo's voice, he also did Lugia in number 2. Unfortantly the new kids to the series all think Lucario is the greatest, but Mewtwo was much better, he was a pinacle to how far you had come when you versed him in his totaly odd dungeon.

Gifted-Monster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2009, 11:30 am

Oh, definitely.

the old school Pokemon was the best. Mewtwo as a villian rocked.

Clear motivations, built on them...

Ya know...he's the Aspie pokemon!

trouble around others because of his differences, very smart, trouble relating to others...

:D

Kyle_Kalideos
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jun 2009, 1:25 pm

Monsters Rule Monster Ranchers :)

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2009, 10:42 pm

I like Pokémon (yeah, I'm 22 :P ).

I was playing Pokémon Diamond and Platinum some months ago, but now I'm a little addicted to Metal Gear Online and I don't have time for my Pokémons :(

I'm waiting for Soul Silver and Heart Gold :D

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2009, 3:04 am

Mewtwo has always been one of my favourite pokemon, since I have always felt able to relate to him. When I was about 7 I went through a period where I started to act like him :lol: That lasted a couple of weeks.

My favourite Pokemon are the original 151 Pokemon :D Charizard and Mewtwo Forever :lol:

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jun 2009, 4:08 am

love the series, saved me ALOT of boredome while i was on holidays

ABZB
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jun 2009, 11:22 am

I have been obsessed since I was 7. I recently made an IV calculator (that can take multiple levels like metalkid's) for my ti-89.

nightwulf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jun 2009, 5:40 pm

The series is fantastic. Other people my age ask WTF I'm doing, and the best explanation I can give is that if you look past the "kid's game" generalization, you're left with a good 8/16-bit era RPG. The same people who pan Pokémon are the ones who love Earthbound, Final Fantasy pre-FFVII, Dragon Warrior, etc. Makes no sense.

I also like to raise my own team. I bought Diamond and Platinum. Beat Diamond and set out to fill out the pokédex but didn't make it. Platinum I got halfway through or so and lost interest. Been playing them all since Red.

I also was a fan of the card game, not just collecting the cards. The classic Rain Dance deck never got old, and the Alakhazam / Chansey / Pokémon Center / annoy you to death deck was a joy as well. My deck box ended up stolen, but if anyone wants to buy a complete 1st edition set from Base Set through Gym Challenge ...

EtotheC
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jun 2009, 5:43 pm

nightwulf wrote:
The series is fantastic. Other people my age ask WTF I'm doing, and the best explanation I can give is that if you look past the "kid's game" generalization, you're left with a good 8/16-bit era RPG. The same people who pan Pokémon are the ones who love Earthbound, Final Fantasy pre-FFVII, Dragon Warrior, etc. Makes no sense.

No Phantasy Star?
You poor poor person...

Monster Raising RPG games have different game mechanics though...

Also didn't even know people still played it...

Like them up to ruby/sapphire got a bit bored after that, but still good fun.

Dragon Quest Monsters has a better raising system though...

nightwulf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jun 2009, 5:51 pm

EtotheC wrote:
No Phantasy Star?
You poor poor person...

I'll admit it -- I was a Nintendo fanboy growing up. No Sega products.

That said, with the release of the Saturn (or more specifically, the fantastic Saturn titles to come out of Japan, such as the flawless XMvsSF translation) I started to come around. The Dreamcast was a highly underrated system, and I ended up spending something like 600 hours over four characters on Phantasy Star Online.

EtotheC
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jun 2009, 5:56 pm

nightwulf wrote:

I'll admit it -- I was a Nintendo fanboy growing up. No Sega products.

I never align myself to any company, I get what I want regardless of the console.

Also: Master System > NES

Ha Ha welcome back to the 1980s!
The cold war was not the only one on people's minds

nightwulf wrote:
That said, with the release of the Saturn (or more specifically, the fantastic Saturn titles to come out of Japan, such as the flawless XMvsSF translation) I started to come around. The Dreamcast was a highly underrated system, and I ended up spending something like 600 hours over four characters on Phantasy Star Online.

Good werewolf

For Shmups, Dreamcast and Saturn are king

Gifted-Monster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jun 2009, 1:49 am

I honestly like Eevee as a pokemon. Can be highly powerful if used and TM-ed right.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 1:05 pm

I was a fan of it back in the day, I played Red, Blue, Gold and Silver. While I have no future interest in the franchise, I did get 100 percent in Gold so I enjoyed Gold quite a bit.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 4:04 am

I used to spend many hours on this game throughout my secondary school years (approximately from my 12th to my 16th). I never managed to get very good at it, though. :)

I lost interest in the game after I played Pokémon Ruby. I must admit I was disappointed that the day and night feature had disappeared, which really added to the idea that I was in a virtual little 'world' as opposed to just a game. To me, the footprints in the beach and the reflection in the water didn't make up for that, and neither did the Pokémon beauty contests. But my memories of playing Pokémon are all fond ones.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 10:06 am

I am interested in the next ones to be released, bing Heart Gold and Soul Silver. I realy enjoyed the original Gold and Silver, with their being so much in there, and it looks like you can even have a pokemon follow you in the normal game not just a park. The original even had you going to the Kanto, to get those badges too. I guess it has been look forward to since things such as Jasmine (Johto Gym leader) appearing in the Sinnoh games, several gold silver references apearing and simular elements, the fact many of the newer ones are evolutions of the Gold/Silver games and I think a character in the anime resembles the rival that was in Gold and Silver.