Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Gnosis
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Jan 2006, 7:06 am

Ok here's the scoop
I stand 5'11" I weigh around 365 this is not good I am 28 years oldI seem to be in decent helth(my BP hovers on the high end of normal but no issues) Being such a big guy I do get the sore knees hips lower back short breath type problems. I want to lose weight but have issues with feeling hungry and have a hard time breakingaway from "comfort" foods. I have managed(with the aid of a suppliment which includes hoodia) managed to cut down my soda intake some I drink about 2 of the 16.9 FL OZ bottles of coke a day. I've never excircized the way that I should and as the depression of going through a divorce has really set in I have become less active than usual. I need aplan that I can stick with and encouragement along the way. I'm scared I will die like this :( I know it is possible for me to be healthy but I don'tknow HOW
Please help
M

TheGreyBadger
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jan 2006, 10:05 am

I was under very severe stress at work and Employee Assistance kept trying to urge me to get meds for my feelings and my doctor said "Get out after lunch and walk for 20 minutes."

I was at the time fat and out of shape, depressed, and agitated. I could hardly make it to the little park a few blocks away, but I did what he said. It worked.

After you get into t hat habit, and it really helps to have a destination, do it twice a day.

Comfort food depends on what you're used to, but I found that junk food and snack foods make matters a whole lot worse. I grew up cooking homemade food, so tell me what your comfort food is and I can give you some ideas.

Signed, "Been there, done that"

Gnosis
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Jan 2006, 10:13 am

that sounds like a great idea bout the walking thanx!
My food intake revolves around simple microwave dinners and fast food mostly which is the major problem. While married I at least cooked every now and then but this depression has detered that. Plus I am living with my folks for now and our schedules conflict I work all night from11pm-7am so I'd be comfortable eating as late as 8-9pm but my folks would rather eat around 5-6 sao again fast food and such are just easier. I do try to eat least eat subway and stuff when I can but I know I eat way too much pizza and heck even the sub sandwiches aren't the best
M

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2006, 10:58 am

Gnosis,join up at a gym,treadmills are better,than regular walking because walking around on concrete for a while adds a lot more pressure to knees,although I guess it depends on the location.
Gyms are great for the other machines as well.
Swimming is said to be the best to use especially for people with knee,back etc problems because there isn't the same pressure build up there,like there is doing fitness on the ground.
But for people whom have sensory issues with noise/echoeing/shouting etc it isn't the best place to be.
Another is cycling,getting a mountain bike [the full suspension type work very nicely] but that does depend on location [eg,busy town with no where quiet to go,or rural].

And subways' subs are great! ,better than pizzas from places like pizza hut if they're not been covered in fattening ingredients,I find bacon and chicken on their white roll,toasted is a very nice mix,if using a lot of ingredients,maybe leave the most fattening ingredient out?
But...all things in moderation is what I personally believe in.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!