Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2009, 6:41 am

Sharisa Joy Kochmeister is on the autism spectrum and uses keyboards to communicate. She is an advisor to ASA, President of AutCom, and a member of the Colorado DD Council Executive Board. She is starting a new magazine called "The Voices and Choices of Autism" . If you're interested or know anyone who would be - Subscription is free, just contact by email [email protected] to receive a copy.

Authors/advisors/consultants include Stephen Shore, Brian King & others on & off the spectrum. Our mission is to expand understanding & acceptance of autism, people on the spectrum & the idea it is isn't a disease to be cured but a way of living & being that should be understood & supported as needed. It's our goal to give those on the spectrum & their carers & advocates an open, widely read forum in which to share, learn & feel free to express in a positive, open, hopeful manner.

and a great interview:
Camilla Connolly Interview with Richard Fidler-ABC Radio
http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories2009 03312531108.htm?site=brisbane

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2009, 12:27 pm

I know Sharisa and I talk her her often. She is nonverbal but is an absolute genius. She is also very driven. This magazine is sure to be a success with her running it :-)

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2009, 4:49 pm

cyberscan wrote:
I know Sharisa and I talk her her often. She is nonverbal but is an absolute genius. She is also very driven. This magazine is sure to be a success with her running it :-)

I agree a very inspirational individual...

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2009, 7:27 pm

New free magazine "Voices & Choices of Autism"

First addition NOW out - new free magazine "Voices & Choices of Autism" Details held here : http://asplanet.info/index.php?option=c ... Itemid=166

and maybe some of you may like to write something for the next issue