ever get sick or almost get sick from watching something?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 1:30 am

I have almost gotten sick from watching two things in my life:

Watching the suicide footage of Budd Dwyer when I was in my "Faces of Death" phase.

and watching footage today on youtube of a lobotomy. I had no idea... :silent:

I had to close my eyes at what I was seeing. I started getting the initial symptoms of nausea. For me, that's sweating for no reason and a little light-headed.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 2:01 am

I've never gotten sick from anything I've watched. And I've been in the faces of death phase as well. I recently saw a clip with a russian soldier getting decapitated with a knife. It wasn't pretty but didn't make me sick.

cc469
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jun 2009, 3:00 am

Youtube has videos of lobotomy? w00t.

btw , answer : Yes. some stuff from certain boards(some of you might guess) made me extremely sick to the stomach and thanks a lot I now recall that........ :?

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 5:21 am

Television these days is filled with "crime scene" shows plus Bones, plus NCIS etc.

They all feature very realistic dead bodies and examiners pulling out the organs from dead bodies.

Do we really need to see this? Do our children need to see this?

No.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 5:46 am

Kenjuudo wrote:
I've never gotten sick from anything I've watched. And I've been in the faces of death phase as well. I recently saw a clip with a russian soldier getting decapitated with a knife. It wasn't pretty but didn't make me sick.

i havent seen that one, but ive seen worse.
search "dagestan" on liveleak.com
its all you need to enter :I
on second thought, dont.
its the same "concept", only in color, and 4 soldiers instead of one, and the footage lasts for like 20 minutes.
thats what it takes them to die...

the worst i ever saw was the ukrainian boys torture and kill an old man in the forest. big scandal. footage online.
do
not
watch... :I

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 6:45 am

Wombat wrote:
Television these days is filled with "crime scene" shows plus Bones, plus NCIS etc.

They all feature very realistic dead bodies and examiners pulling out the organs from dead bodies.

No.

Thanks for the editorial. Save it for your own thread.

Saspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jun 2009, 8:17 am

Wombat wrote:

No.

Why did you ask those two questions if you already had your own answer?

Anyway, I have no problem with violence being shown on television and movies as if people believe the violence is inappropriate for children they should ensure they do not allow their children to see the violence.

I personally cannot watch violent scenes in movies and I often get terrible nightmares from seeing horror movies. I have an overactive imagination and images stick very well on my mind. I do not mind if violent movies are around though, as I know others like to watch them. I just cover my eyes during the bad bits.

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 8:27 am

Ugh. Yes I do. I don't look for anything like that because I don't need to see it. It makes me feel that bad

willa
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 11:37 am

ya, the movie twilight!

seriously though, same as first post. I dont have the stomach for blood and guts. not films or movies, saw, hostel, and those, sometimes they get kinda graphic and grosses me out, but not sick. but i've come across a few of those surgeory shows on Discovery Chaneel or Health Channel, and I just dont have the stomach to watch it. and i've never seen the faces of death movies, but have come across some stuff like that via emails and friends sending me links and it does make me physically ill.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 12:05 pm

Wombat wrote:

No.

actually, for your information there, Mr. or Ms. Thought Police, the lobotomy footage was taken from a PBS documentary. I, for one owe much of my intellect to PBS.

Besides, there's a reason such shows as CSI are on so late at night (10PM). SO YOUR KIDS AREN'T EXPOSED TO AUTOPSYS, MURDERS AND RAPES!

Tv execs aren't complete morons, you know?

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 12:07 pm

I have a pretty strong stomach, however when I was small, the sight of other people vometing would make me queasy.

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 9:37 pm

No. And I've seen things involving 2 ladies and a cup.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 10:16 pm

Reality TV...Why can't it go away?

Michjo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 10:50 pm

I'm perfectly fine with blood, but as soon as i see any type of organ... ewwwwwww! Seeing what's inside people makes me faint.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 11:22 pm

Michjo wrote:
I'm perfectly fine with blood, but as soon as i see any type of organ... ewwwwwww! Seeing what's inside people makes me faint.

Skin's an organ. As are eyeballs, the tongue...

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Reality TV...Why can't it go away?

I know, I watch TV to get away from reality!

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 12:32 am

No, I can't recall such a scene... Smells easily make me feel sick. But I can watch nearly anything. I usually laugh at gory scenes. (The arm that reached out for Ellie or the guy at the WC in Jurassic Park, for instance.) I love horror but I wish one horror flick would actually leave me horrified! Sigh...