Is anyone else obsesed with Lady GAGA?

Page 5 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2009, 2:04 am

I liked the Moto Blanco mix of Paparazzi, but Bad Romance and Just Dance are ok... I didn't care much for Pokerface and LoveGame though. Her outfits can be amusing but she seems to try a bit hard.

The ending of the Bad Romance video with her lying on the bed with the sparking bra was... interesting... and for whatever reason the way she looked there made me think of Amy Winehouse. :? Not sure why.

Maybe it's the singing in the piano bit, but the videos of Lady Gaga from several years ago remind me of Elton John. And like Elton John and Madonna, Lady Gaga will probably have some staying power if some of her less polished (by the corporate music industry machine) works and/or slower ballads also make the charts, showing her versatility and appeal across demographics.

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 2:31 pm

I have been watching South Park almost nonstop during the past week or more on that SouthParkStudios.com site. They've started hosting all the episodes with advertisements. About 5 times per episode a commercial will pop up ("hella weak, dude."). They're constantly showing a Rhapsody commercial with that "Bad Romance" playing in the background. The first time I saw it was the first time I've heard her at all.

I love that chorus. I looked it up on YouTube hoping the rest of the song was like that, but it wasn't doing anything for me. But I enjoy the part I do like.

As far as herself goes, that first time I had seen that commercial, I was thinking, "now that's a ***kin' cool voice."

MarionQuixote
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Dec 2009, 12:54 am

You have know idea how excited I was when I saw this thread.
I'm listening right now!! !! !! !

I never use exclamation points, and I just...there's just a need!! !! when I talk about her on the internet.

I love that I can admire her as a songwriter, singer, performer, and musician.

Has anyone else listened to the whole The Fame Monster? I think it's even better than The Fame.
Standouts (besides Bad Romance) would have to be Telephone (feat. Beyonce!! !! !), Dance in the Dark, and Teeth.

I'm studying abroad in Ireland next semester, and she'll be having her UK tour including Dublin!! !! ! while I'm there, and I don't catch a show, I'm going to be devastated.

Yeah, she's my current interest, if you couldn't tell.
I should be doing homework now, so I'm going to stop now before I start going on about her talent performing in Cabaret shows at 14 and getting into Tisch at 17 and...I'll stop now.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2009, 7:35 am

Bad Romance is alright. Bit self-referential though (and not in a good way.) I always start suspicious of any artist who feels the need to tell you their own name over and over again. :roll:

The year is still young.

marcstarks
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Dec 2009, 7:52 am

actually listened to her stuff for the first time the other day because i was getting it for the wife. was actually kind of impressed.

however, i don't buy her act. not to say i dont enjoy it but it is a gimmick.

http://boingboing.net/2009/11/21/video- ... -befo.html

dustintorch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2009, 11:31 pm

MarionQuixote wrote:
You have know idea how excited I was when I saw this thread.
I'm listening right now!! !! !! !

I never use exclamation points, and I just...there's just a need!! !! when I talk about her on the internet.

I love that I can admire her as a songwriter, singer, performer, and musician.

Has anyone else listened to the whole The Fame Monster? I think it's even better than The Fame.
Standouts (besides Bad Romance) would have to be Telephone (feat. Beyonce!! !! !), Dance in the Dark, and Teeth.

I'm studying abroad in Ireland next semester, and she'll be having her UK tour including Dublin!! !! ! while I'm there, and I don't catch a show, I'm going to be devastated.

Yeah, she's my current interest, if you couldn't tell.
I should be doing homework now, so I'm going to stop now before I start going on about her talent performing in Cabaret shows at 14 and getting into Tisch at 17 and...I'll stop now.

I love love love The Fame Monster. I love that Interscope made her re-release her album and she thought that was unfair, so she made an entire second album. My favorites are Monster, Dance in the Dark, Alejandro and Bad Romance. It seems like she's your main interest right now. She's more of a secondary interest for me. However, I've listened to The Fame Monster everyday since it came out and one of my co-workers calls me Lady Gaga (I'm a boy btw). I also love that you can admire her for being a singer, songwriter, performer, ect. She does it all. I'm most impressed with her song writing ability. The songs she writes get stuck in my head and REFUSE to get out until I hear them again. She's really amazing.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2009, 11:35 pm

If you love Lady Gaga, you're actually NT ....

lithium73
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Dec 2009, 5:58 am

Prof_Pretorius wrote:

WTF

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2009, 6:28 am

Just dance...

Excuse me, am I NT?

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2009, 7:47 am

Prof_Pretorius wrote:

Show your working, Prof. :wink:

The year is still young.

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2009, 8:45 am

In what way are we NT if we love Lady Gaga?

Aspie_Clarz
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Dec 2009, 9:35 am

I used to hate Lady Gaga. But she's grown on me. Ra Ra, Ah Ah Ah, Roh Ma, Roh Ma Ma, Ga Ga, Ooh La La, Want Your Bad Romance. :D

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2009, 9:16 pm

LoveGame is one of my favorite songs.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2009, 4:21 am

Aspie_Clarz wrote:
Ra Ra, Ah Ah Ah, Roh Ma, Roh Ma Ma, Ga Ga, Ooh La La, Want Your Bad Romance. :D

Lyrical genius, to be sure. :lol: It's up there with Blue Moon and Mrs Robinson! :D

The year is still young.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2009, 4:25 am

NO :eew:

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2009, 7:25 am

YES! Lady Gaga still rules.