Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

natesmom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 1:15 pm

You all have to read this. The longer you read, the more some of you may laugh. This provides a glimpse into my life as an ADHDer. Some of you will think I am an airhead, but that's alright because sometimes I am LOL. Perhaps some of you do the same thing.

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8802

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 4:17 pm

I don't know if this counts but I am ADD,I have a son with Asperger's and I believe I'm on the spectrum somewhere. Anyway, I've always been curious about experiencing things from another perspective. For instance sometimes when I'm taking the usual route to work I'll imagine that I'm actually in a different country and look at the scenery as if I'm looking at it for the first time. I'm curious to know what American English sounds like if I didn't understand the words and heard it as tone only. To do this I turned down the radio far enough where I could hear it but couldn't understand what was being said. So this is the kind of thing I do to amuse myself. So, once when I was about 17 I was out in the woods with my brother. He was occupied in scouting the area to see if it had good turkey hunting potential. I was bored and started thinking about what it would feel like to be blind in the woods, so I closed my eyes and started groping around. After a while I opened my eyes and my brother was looking at me with horror. He really thought I had gone off the deep end.

natesmom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 10:25 pm

I don't know if that is an ADHD thing or an indication of someone who is very curious about the world or different experiences. Being bored is very much a part of ADHD, could also be AS, your personality or even gifted. Whatever it is, you sound like a very interesting person!!