? for women: do you wear makeup? why or why not?

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2006, 6:53 am

I never wear make up. I hate the stuff. If I'm going out I might put on a bit of clear mascara or sometimes some eyeshadow but I'm not usually bothered. I'll wear lip gloss all the time if I have dry lips or just for the sake of it but I always rub my lips together and eat it (it tastes nice :oops: ) so it isn't that effective. The only time I've ever worn foundation and concealer was for my school formals and I hated wearing it because it feels like someone has put plaster on my face or something - and you have no freeedom, if you touch your face your hand is covered in powder and liquid stuff!

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2006, 3:01 pm

I won't wear the stuff. If it were a job requirement, I would get a different job. I have a hard enough time relating to the image in the mirror as being 'me' without distorting it into something unrecognizable!! !

Emiruko
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jan 2006, 7:52 pm

en_una_isla wrote:
Am I the only female here who can't stand wearing makeup? Other than occasionally lipstick I cannot stand wearing makeup. It makes me feel like my face is being attacked. Sometimes when I see women out in the world with loads of makeup on I'm astonished that they're not going crazy.

If you're male and wear makeup feel free to respond! :lol: No offense to mathogre.

I know exactly how you feel. :o

mathogre
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2006, 10:14 am

en_una_isla wrote:
If you're male and wear makeup feel free to respond! :lol: No offense to mathogre.

None taken! ^_^ Makeup's fun. Actually being a girl is fun. (The avatar is me, btw.)

For me, I only wear enough to transform to female. I try not to wear any more than necessary. While the foundation must be rather opaque, it needn't be thick. Eyes I keep to mascara, liner, and shadows. Lipstick is kept to neutral colors. For the short amount of time it's on, it doesn't feel bad on my face.

If I'd been born female, I could certainly understand not wanting to wear makeup all of the time. Even if it isn't troublesome to apply and wear, removal is a chore. Eye makeup removal is especially challenging.

Deedee76
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jan 2006, 9:49 am

I never did care for wearing makeup. I have some hideously old makeup because I never use it up :roll: not saying how old it is either! I put a little lipstick on sometimes too but all the rest of it just feels too yucky. At least lipstick feels a bit like moisturizer or something, can't be said for the other things that I know of.

Due to my avatar, I had to respond to this thread hahahaha

AegNuddel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2006, 3:41 pm

Don't like it. Tried some of it. I can't even choose the right colors for my skin tones. Much of it does bother me though. If I'm going to wear it, it must not be the heavy kind.

tkroach
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Feb 2006, 10:56 pm

I hate having to apply make-up and the way it feels on my face, but I like the way it looks when I manage to get it right. It just seemed like a practical option for me to look into getting permanent make-up. So far I've had my eyes done. It wasn't pleasant, but I don't regret it for a minute. Just be sure to go to someone who is licensed and bonded and has lots of experience.

Tashie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Feb 2006, 7:57 pm

I used to hate make-up but then I discovered tinted moisturiser and found that felt ok
I always wear mascara, and maybe a little lip gloss.
I do really begrudge the time though, but feel that I should make the effort as my skin is not the best.

If I'm going out for something special then I might add some eyeliner and shadow
but I usually end up wiping it off with my hands when I rub my eyes!!

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2006, 10:10 pm

I do not wear make-up. While I tell other people that my skin is too sensitive for make-up, the truth is that I simply feel as though my face is dirty, and it's a sensation I don't enjoy.

Additionally, I look human enough without make-up; I have no glaring imperfections to cover up; and I have no intentions of attempting to "snag a guy", so my looks do not matter.

Having to take an extra half-hour each morning just to paint my face seems an absolute waste of time.

I do wear lip gloss or chapstick--tinted or not--when my lips get chapped during the winter. In that case, wearing semi-make-up increases my comfort.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2006, 4:06 am

My mother allowed me to wear makeup when I was 14 but I didn't start wearing it until I was 16 and that was only to church....and it was my grandmother's makeup. I just wasn't in a hurry since it just seemed like one more chore and couldn't understand why the other girls in school couldn't wait to start putting on that stuff. I didn't wear lipstick to school until I was 17 and added pressed powder as a daily cosmetic in college.

To this day, that's all I can stand, pressed powder to absorb my oily complexion and a little lipstick. As I got older, I stopped wearing even that everyday and use it mainly for special events or job interviews. My face looks just fine without it, to me, although I had a friend who tried pressuring me into dressing up and putting on makeup "so I would attract men". What? The face I was born with isn't pretty enough for men? I find the idea insulting that men's faces are just fine while women have to cover their's up lest the "ugly" shows through.

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2006, 11:07 am

When I was a kid makeup was aginst the rules, so it was exciting (same way w/a lot of things). The novelty of being able to freely indulge wore off over the years. As a teenager, wore lipstick only-as I do now. Wear flavored lip gloss underneath-helps offset lipstick's nasty taste & smell.
Not willing to use even scarier chemicals to remove cosmetics from my face, so eye makeup is out. Unable to tolerate concealer/foundation, ugh. Lipstick wipes off easily, so that's bearable.
Like how my nails look painted but moments later it's gotten all messy, chipped, & peeling-so I usually don't bother. Polish remover doesn't seem to work smoothly/cleanly/thoroughly, have to wait months until I've picked all the laquer off my nails to re-apply.