Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

asperges
Raven
Raven

18 Jun 2009, 4:15 pm

Have you ever been accused of acting in a non-human, robotic fashion? Do you think it is true and why or why not? What were the circumstances and what do you think you could have done to change the impression you gave of being robotic even if you don't think that you were being robotic in the first place?

willa
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 4:24 pm

only on the dance floor.

sbcmetroguy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 6:56 pm

When I was in elementary school people used to tell me I was stiff and robotic. I was very monotone, serious, stiff, etc. I was very robotic. I've changed a lot, obviously.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 6:59 pm

I imagine a lot of how I walk and other movements might be construed as robot-like. I am actually very comfortable with walking and standing with my arms straight, pointing down, machinelike.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

Wedge
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2009, 8:34 am

I was accused of not expressing my emotions and been too cold and distant.

asperges
Raven
Raven

20 Jun 2009, 12:46 pm

Guys, one of the things about me is I always am looking to see what is behind the surface. Why do you think that people thought you were too cold and distant, or stiff, etc? What were the sorts of comments that people made and how did you learn from it? What have you done to improve?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2009, 3:17 pm

asperges wrote:
Have you ever been accused of acting in a non-human, robotic fashion? Do you think it is true and why or why not? What were the circumstances and what do you think you could have done to change the impression you gave of being robotic even if you don't think that you were being robotic in the first place?

I have been accused of lacking compassion and being cold and insensitive. I take such accusations as complements of the highest order.

I am not Spock but I wish I were.

ruveyn

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2009, 3:17 pm

asperges wrote:

I have been accused of lacking compassion and being cold and insensitive. I take such accusations as complements of the highest order.

I am not Spock but I wish I were.

ruveyn

kc8ufv
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2009, 3:40 pm

At the last call center I worked in, my boss always said I sounded like a robot. When that phone would beep, I would always answer the same way.