Page 4 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 2:37 am

Maybe read the following article about facebook.

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/s ... ode=406981

This is written by a UK person (Deborah Rogers) whose article suggests that she does not like facebook.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 9:42 pm

Deactivate your FB account, swarms of shallow hordes on there anyways. Soon you'll be Twittering as well.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 10:13 pm

Woodpecker wrote:
Maybe read the following article about facebook.

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/s ... ode=406981

good read and all true

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 6:38 am

I am just going ask what is wrong with socializing with other people via electronically/web or physical/face to face?

This is how I am seeing your hatred towards Facebook because you have issues with it. I view it as those who trying to cope with it but have difficult in the process. I am going to said that change is good while those who believe it is not good at all. I am not leaving Facebook because I get to meet new people who I met eventually outside of cyberspace. In the end, a new experience is worth trying and if you like it then stay with it.

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 11:44 am

JerryHatake wrote:
I am just going ask what is wrong with socializing with other people via electronically/web or physical/face to face?

This is how I am seeing your hatred towards Facebook because you have issues with it. I view it as those who trying to cope with it but have difficult in the process. I am going to said that change is good while those who believe it is not good at all. I am not leaving Facebook because I get to meet new people who I met eventually outside of cyberspace. In the end, a new experience is worth trying and if you like it then stay with it.

There's nothing wrong specifically with socializing with people via the web, whether it be Facebook, WP, etc.. Facebook has a benefit in that it greatly facilitates interacting with new people that you probably wouldn't otherwise meet. Along with new people can come new ideas and new activities, all of which you can learn from, and grow.

However, I don't think it is a good idea to be able to stay in contact with friends 24/7, as is possible with an online social networking site like Facebook. When people are always around and available, one (and especially Aspies) has a tendency to take them for granted. One doesn't fully appreciate the value and importance of friends until they're gone and inaccessible. One won't really understand his own strengths and weaknesses until he must stand alone. This is the primary reason I do not maintain online social networking accounts.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2009, 9:20 pm

I can't stand facebook, and I hate it even more when I tried to add my old teachers since leaving school and I'm shocked only half of them accepted it, I was so gutted that I did felt like I didn't belong in this world.

My neighbour somehow got a hold of my facebook and had eventually turn out to be a real bad argument... I even threatened to close my facebook but I just didn't have the guts to because I had my friends on there I love to keep in touch with.

I also know a girl who I've known for so long who is literally so addicted to facebook, I mean she's literally stuck on facebook for hours n hours, more like the whole day... It's made her become more of a paranoid person... It's even becomming scary... She even hacked mine cause she that addicted...

So what do I think of facebook...?? Pointless

jamesp420
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2009, 2:02 am

I don't really have a problem with facebook. Not many of my friends have a facebook tho, so I don't have many friends. I like how simple it is, and how much there is to do there, and I like being able to contact friends easily.

http://www.facebook.com/jamesp420

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 8:22 am

jamesp420 wrote:
I don't really have a problem with facebook. Not many of my friends have a facebook tho, so I don't have many friends. I like how simple it is, and how much there is to do there, and I like being able to contact friends easily.

Looks like we both view and like Facebook the same way.

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2009, 5:48 am

FB, hoped you'd not been invented... I wonder why am I so obsessed with you.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2009, 8:08 am

I hate the concept of facebook. I think it corrupts all the ideals of the web and means people are now using this technology for evil hence I never and I won't register to that crap.

What I hate the most is that some sites require you to allow javascript on facebook.com to work, that sucks.

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2009, 8:54 am

Why FB needs javascript? Does java give them cold hard cash?

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2009, 10:35 am

javascript is a web language implemented by just about every mainstream browser.

Java is a whole different thing...

Anyway, all sites require you to enable javascript for them. What I hate about facebook is that for some reason you need to enable facebook.com's javascript to do basic stuff in some other sites... and no, I am not going to give facebook that priviledge (as I mentioned I hate it)

Resplendence
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Nov 2009, 9:19 am

I hate Facebook and Myspace because I can't ever bring myself to click the add friend button or send emails. It kind of reminds me about how I am in real life I can't approach others but if someone else approaches me I am thrilled but it seems that nobody ever wants to add me so my profiles are not getting much use.

Phillips
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Nov 2009, 11:33 am

I too hate facebook

BornToDie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Nov 2009, 8:00 pm

i am on facebook and so is my ldr woman, former students, and a few people i know. i mostly play mafia wars and post on my woman's wall. it was her birthday a couple of weeks ago and i posted a really hot, romantic poem on her wall and she liked it. that was good.