Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

madducklover31
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jun 2009, 11:17 pm

As most of you know, I am dating a guy with AS and we are doing great. I just have a question. I understand it is a great jump for a person with AS to change his life. I don't hold it against him, but how do I make it easier for him to transition? I've been doing everything that I can do to fit into his life, but I feel like I just can't do anything well enough for him. Does anyone out there get this frusturated too? I know he loves me. No doubt. Someone please talk to me.

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2009, 1:07 am

cuz u r pushing things and that is not the best way. u wanna let thigns happen naturally and don't try to control everything. how about leaving something up to him? what does he want? u think he is an aspie, so u can just decide how u will fit into his life. umm no. u gotta find out where he wants you to fit into his life, and then explain to him what you want, and both come up with a situation where each one does something to please the other, and you also do things that you mutually want.

madducklover31

21 Jun 2009, 11:27 pm

Thank-you for your response. Maybe I have been going about this the wrong way, but he is now talking marriage. I must be doing something right. I just want it to be the best wife I can be. Thanks again. Anyone else care to comment? I'd like the feedback.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2009, 9:07 am

Welcome to WP!

madducklover31

24 Jun 2009, 7:45 pm

Thank you TIM TEX. Looking forward to talking with you. I always like to have friends. On line and off :D