I got noise cancelling headphones the other day!

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2009, 9:10 pm

syzygyish wrote:
Who_Am_I or computerlove, can you post a link?

(I would really love computerloves "small in-ear canal ones"!)

http://www.howardleight.com/segment/index/2
about $2 bucks at industrial stores

WaterWater
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Jun 2009, 11:09 pm

I don't have the noise cancelling ones because I can't afford them :(
But I got a pair of ear protectors for under $8 and they work great for reducing the intensity of loud noises and cutting out all small irritating noises, and when combined with in-ear plugs I can't hear much. :)

I wear mine in public. Since I got them I don't want to ever take them off because of the bonus of having a bit of pressure on my head. Sometimes I wear it wrapped around the upper part of my head with my ears exposed just for the pressure. I also wear them at work - loud metal clanking restaurant sounds...I wash the dishes, but it is an open kitchen and I help out front as well so I am where people see me, but no one has complained about it yet. I also wear them around campus (mostly because of all the construction noises)

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2009, 3:07 am

We have some expensive noise-cancelling ones at Wallyworld, where i work. We have a little station where you can try them on, then press a button that makes an annoying airplane noise, to demonstrate how they cancel noise. Problem is, they don't even cancel out half of the airplane noise, at least not to me. One time i was trying 'em out, with the airplane noise on, and then a co-worker, standing way over by the cash register, goes "psssst" really low. I turned around really quick, and he burst out laughing about how those 50 dollar headphones must not work very well if i heard that. So, i dunno. Those said they cancel out "up to 90%" of noise too. I don't trust those ads anymore. 8O

Hope yours work better.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 7:30 pm

Today I got these (the JVC ones):
http://members.shaw.ca/jpoh0072/pics/he ... 0zen/2.jpg
not too expensive and even if I'm not hearing music they give good isolation. Bonus points for wearing them in public and not getting odd looks if I wore the industrial ones I mentioned earlier.
The place where I found this pic mentions the Creative ones are more comfortable.

@ColdBlooded: many are specifically made to ALLOW low sounds like regular talk, so people can still talk with you.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2009, 10:38 am

I want some but my rabbit got sick so I had to spend all the money on her vets fees... Totally worth it though. I'll get some later.

Botti
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2009, 12:34 pm

:lol: I am not the only deaf/autistic out there, as I know a couple more. I am always trying to hear things with hearing aids.