New. Not sure if I have autism spectrum disorder.

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Aussielevold
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Location: Noojee, West Gippsland, Victoria, Australia, Planet Earth, Milky Way

22 Jun 2009, 11:57 pm

Hello. Oh god, i'm speechless, but that's nothing new. :D
Well I'll start with that I completed a few of those tests that or online. My AQ score was 33/50. EQ score was 28/80 and my FQ was 34/135 Well I was told that they all fall within the Aspey range.
So basically I think I may have some form of autism. I have not been formally diagnosed.
I am almost 30yo, and I live at home with my grandmother. I have only had 4 close friends in my early childhood, all which moved away by the time I was 14yo. Since then I have had no real friends. It is very hard to approach anyone. My highschool days were mainly spent sitting under an oak tree, in the library, or walking up and down the corridors while counting the small squares on the roof. I am really bad at 'small talk'. If asked a question I reply with a short 'yeah' 'ah ha' etc. Unless the talk relates to my intrests (genealogy or gossip), then I can talk reasonably okay. :)
I cannot 'character act'. It is hard to pretend to be someone else.
I also find it hard to display emotions and express empathy towards others. Even though I think I am very emotional and empathetic on the inside. If that makes sense?
When I am not working, I spend my days on the computer or going for walks in the bush.
I try to avoid eye contact where posssible, because it is uncomfortable.
I wouldn't say I am clumsy, but I have been known to fall over and trip on occasions. I don't drink, but my work colleague has commented several times if I was drunk or not.
Also I am not very sexual. I don't know if that is significant or not, but I kind of find the idea of having sex slightly disgusting and unnecessary. I should also add that I am a virgin and plan of staying one. I don't think I can feel love towards anyone. I have felt lust, but after 'being around' them for a while I start feeling 'respect'? (Like you feel towards a sibling.)
I'll stop there, I think I rambled enough for now.

PS. I DONT have any of that sensory stuff, where things are too loud, bright etc.
PPS. My maternal uncle has been diagnosed with Aspergers, and is also a member of this board. And my paternal half sisters son has also been diagnosed with it.

Thanks

kip
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2009, 12:22 am

I personally don't think you have to have a DX to come on this board, so don't worry to much about it. Outside opinion is often helpful in getting us Aspies to fit in better with the outside world. Even if you're just a bit odd, and not on the spectrum, you can learn a great deal by being here, as can we from you.

Besides, this is a support website. You have DX'd family, you qualify. Open minds are always welcome, IMO.

So welcome to the board! Hope you have fun, and don't worry, you can bring your arm floats to the pool.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

riverotter
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2009, 1:44 am

Welcome to WP, Aussielevold! Glad to have you. Hope you feel very much at home here- I certainly do.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2009, 9:17 am

Welcome to WP!

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2009, 10:36 am

Pleased to meet you, Aussielevold. Welcome aboard the Wrong Planet.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Jun 2009, 3:21 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Shaney
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jun 2009, 7:17 pm

HI aussielevold, sounds to me like you have A.S.D, thats ok, so do I. I also live in Australia and also have no friends. I spent my time at school not always being visible, I hated it.

j0sh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2009, 7:57 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet Aussielevold.

littlegreenleaf
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Jun 2009, 8:29 pm

Wilkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome.

Sorry, Cabaret just got stuck in my head.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2009, 8:39 pm

Hiya.

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2009, 8:49 pm

Welcome to WP. I hope you find comfort and understanding here.

Aussielevold
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Location: Noojee, West Gippsland, Victoria, Australia, Planet Earth, Milky Way

24 Jun 2009, 5:11 am

Hello again, thank-you all for your welcomings. :)

Now, I have to have a really good rummage through all the posts on this board.