Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Perambulator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jun 2009, 5:49 am

My piano teacher came and his mannerisms struck me as amusing at times. He gave me advice at one point while leaning on the end of the piano and it looked so exaggerated I couldn't help but start to shake, wanting to laugh. In school I got sent out of the class once for laughing uncontrollably and getting the other boy reading with me to do the same. I couldn't help but think of absurd meanings to lots of the words in the book.

In high school my best friend knew I was like this and so in English while someone was reading out loud a Charles Dickens novel he'd whisper into my ear between every fourth or fifth word "cock" to get me red faced with sniggering. Unfortunately most people find it very annoying. I really don't like the idea of upsetting people involuntarily. I think my piano teacher is getting the impression I'm laughing at his teaching methods because he's took a rash decision to teach me more songs I'm interested in rather than a classically structured course. He's still very nice though and sometimes he intentionally tries to make me laugh.

Soon I am enrolling on a cookery course. It will be with lots of other students so I really hope I don't have any laughter attacks. Are any of you familiar with this conundrum too?

Raschu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jun 2009, 6:13 am

Well I know I can't help it but having that childish smile/grin when people are talking about sex or love, also I have trouble sometimes with questionable words (such as cock and dick, damn I even grinned after writing them right now).

What I always try to do in such situations is biting my lip/cheeks so that people won't notice my laughing muscle is doing its thing, it isn't really effective but sometimes it works.

Also sometimes I say (to people who know I'm an aspie) that it is an aspie thing to do in some situations.

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 6:48 am

I get it when people are engaged in a heated debate in front of me. Not sure why. Maybe it's a coping strategy? I get very anxious when there are heated arguments (unless it's me that's doing the arguing!)

Saguaro
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jun 2009, 7:46 am

This may seem weird but i find destruction very funny. I never want to see a person get hurt or see something destroyed that is important to someone. I also find it funny when I can say something to someone that catches them off guard and makes them do the classic cartoon double take. Of course I can only do the last one with people I am comfortable with and know my personality.

Here's a situation I found hillarious but had to bite my tongue because I knew it was supose to be serious. I live close to a community pool. One night a highschool pranksert snuck in a dropped some dog poop in the pool. The next morning I went over to swim and was met at the gate by a neighbor and her daughter. The teenage girl looked at me with disgusted and said someone had pooped in the pool. I don't know why but I found her words and the look on her face extremely funny. I had to turn and walk away because I was ready to bust out laughing and I knew that was not the correct response for the situation.

Raschu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jun 2009, 8:16 am

fiddlerpianist wrote:
I get it when people are engaged in a heated debate in front of me. Not sure why. Maybe it's a coping strategy? I get very anxious when there are heated arguments (unless it's me that's doing the arguing!)

That reminds me, I also have that weird grin on my face when someone is being mad it me, I mean extremely mad, mostly happend when I had a meltdown, my mum couldn't take it sometimes and said stuff with a really angry and firm voice, I got that grin. It's annoying since it only makes the situation worse, like as if you are not taking someone serious.

Luckily those times are over now since I explained my mum about the meltdowns I have.

anyway, I would have laughed too about what the girl said about the pool, in matter of fact I grinned while thinking about it.

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jun 2009, 10:50 am

I'm terrible at that... Especially with death... I was so glad I didn't burst out laughing when someone told me their brother committed suicide at weekend. I know it's terrible, and I did genuinely feel sorry for them, and knew how crap it would have been for them, but all I can do at first is laugh. My friend also quite often talks about his now dead Grandma who had dementia and I just keep laughing at the tone of his voice(it's serious) and he gets really pissed off with it.
Sometimes I'll do the same thing with random words, and it's really annoying when I'm annoyed with someone 'cause they know certain things will make me laugh and they perceive that as me forgiving them.
Also, some people I just don't take seriously, like some of my friends when they're talking about things, and my RE teacher sometimes(it's just the way she goes on about demons and stuff...). I think I generally have a problem with other people's beliefs, which, is obviously a problem.
I can sometimes stop it, but even when I'm so insanely depressed it's not even funny someone can probably make me laugh with ease.
Plus, once I start, I usually can't stop.
EMZ=]

dustintorch
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 2:30 pm

Not for things but for people. There are certain people who could say anything and I'll laugh at it. It's the way they talk or something. These people usually make NT's laugh too, but not as much as me. I just will laugh at everything that comes out of their mouth. They can either really like this about me or hate it.

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 2:45 pm

I hate it when I crack myself up. I'll be walking along smirking or snickering like a loon, and trying to conceal it so people won't think it's at them. I just get the giggles randomly. It can even happen when I'm really feeling bad, so maybe it's a reaction.

Also sometimes people laugh at everything that comes out of my mouth, when I'm being serious. I don't get it, I'm not speaking bluntly because I'm doing stand-up.. Maybe that's the association people have with honesty and bluntness, that it's outrageous and only comedians get away with it.

racethelightning
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jun 2009, 2:52 pm

This 'laughter attack' thing happens to me sometimes. I'm not sure if it's worse when I'm in class and something will make me start laughing uncontrollably, or when I'm by myself and think of something funny. Usually it's a random thought/memory that triggers it but occasionally something happens that no one else thinks is funny, or a few people do but they get over it quickly. One time in my Japanese class, my teacher was teaching us mneumonic devices to help remember words, but when explaining them, she pronounced the word 'ma-NEM-uh-nick'. She said it about fifty times during class and I could NOT stop laughing.

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 3:50 pm

racethelightning wrote:
'ma-NEM-uh-nick'

Saying it that way reminds me of the song at 0:32 Just say, "ma-nem-uh-nick" instead of "phenomena".

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5Mc55P1i9g[/youtube]