I am one / I like it 14%  14%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 122

omega
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Jan 2006, 3:28 am

danlo wrote:
I guess Chaos finally tired of me correcting him
Ok that's great news, so now you have more time to correct my spelling I hope :-D

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2006, 7:16 am

Lol Bland. There is no true moralistic sense of right and wrong, good or bad. But if you think 2 + 2 equals 6, you're gonna be wrong.

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2006, 9:27 am

Danlo, gotcha! It's either all relative or not. You can't pick and choose what you wish to be relative and if I punch you in the nose? That would be wrong. Unless you like it. And that would be just wierd.

(I can tell I'm gonna regret this. My head aches already! I've been through this argument before and it's a real pain.)

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2006, 9:33 am

Okay, sometimes I am in a rush and don't catch all my mistakes, but still... If your post is filled with one spelling error after another, you can't expect people to read all the way through it or to take you very seriously. Good spelling/grammar is a sign of both intelligence and manners.

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2006, 11:25 am

Bland wrote:
Danlo, gotcha! It's either all relative or not. You can't pick and choose what you wish to be relative and if I punch you in the nose? That would be wrong. Unless you like it. And that would be just wierd.

(I can tell I'm gonna regret this. My head aches already! I've been through this argument before and it's a real pain.)

You are right; you can't pick and choose what you want to be relative, it is either relative or it isn't. But, as I stated earlier regarding the practical applications of relative constructs, you can choose to accept the limitations of the construct or not. Right and Wrong is different from Good and Bad. They are different constructs. Right and Wrong, when applied to relative constructs, themselves become relative. But when they are not applied to relative constructs, they become more concrete. In short, their relativity depends on their context, as opposed to Good and Bad which are defined not by the context, but by who uses them.
As to whether or not you punching me in the nose is good or bad, it can be either. Perhaps I was being an as*hole, and if I was unaware I was being an as*hole, I would consider it unprovoked and therefore "bad". You see, if I consider my behavior to have been "good", I would then see your actions as "bad" because it is harming me. If I considered my behavior to be "bad", whilst I wouldn't see your actions as "good", I wouldn't see it as "bad" because it was in response to my own "bad" behavior. It would be simply cause and effect, devoid of any moralistic attachment.

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2006, 12:07 am

Danlo, You're making my brain hurt.

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2006, 12:10 pm

Bland wrote:
Danlo, You're making my brain hurt.

You're not the only one, Bland. Mine hurts, too.

cheesecheese
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2006, 9:42 am

I abhor people who couldn't be bothered using a spell check, or even *gasp* learning their own written language. If I have to translate from what you've written into what you mean just so I can get through the thread, I will take note of your username and skip over everything you ever write. If you couldn't be bothered to show the respect to others in keeping the standard, I couldn't be bothered looking at what you've got to say. The end.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 11:03 am

I don't really have problems with a few spelling errors, but it shouldn't be as bad an an IRC log. Also, some posts are really long and need to be divided by paragraphs.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 11:56 am

Quote:
People complaining about Spelling mistakes

Are not getting laid.

Simple and too the point

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 12:08 pm

I drove a truck for years, I'm probably a better driver than most, do I run around pointing out the mistakes people make while driving, nope I could care less,if they don't hit me good enough.

I can't spell worth a dam,so big deal.

the english lauguage makes no sense at all.

I delivered a car part to a guy who came from another country,he asked me if it was the right part for that car over there,I told him no it was the left part and asked if it looked like the right part for the left side of the car. :lol: he said it looked like the right part for the left side so I asked him to write me a check sinse it wasn't the right part,it was the left part which was the right part.Before writing the check he checked the part carefully to make sure it was right. :roll:
he was happy to write me a check for the right amount so I would leave. After he wrote the check I checked it against the invoice and he had wrote the right amount of two hundred dollars so I was all set to leave.

was I supposed to use to or too,got me who cares. If somebody is too stupid to figure out what i ment they are too stupid to bother communicating with.

Johnny

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 12:12 pm

cheesecheese wrote:
I abhor people who couldn't be bothered using a spell check, or even *gasp* learning their own written language. If I have to translate from what you've written into what you mean just so I can get through the thread, I will take note of your username and skip over everything you ever write. If you couldn't be bothered to show the respect to others in keeping the standard, I couldn't be bothered looking at what you've got to say. The end.

Thats nice,your driving annoyed me,so i ignored your exsistance when changing lanes with my trailer truck 8)

cheesecheese
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2006, 8:23 pm

If you persist in driving badly even though there are simple and easy to use driving 'help' programs installed in your vehicle, then I'd be annoyed. When you get autopilot on your truck, then you can whinge.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 9:20 pm

Bland wrote:
i am a egsellent spellar as evryon noes! Dont let thees morons get thee best uv ye.
its just thayr Asburgas disees cuming owt! Peepl afflicted haf to hav evrythin jus so! Thair reely anal abowt stuf! An dont lisen to that SB2; hees reely a gay tufted titmows trapped inside a cats bodee.

rofl

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 10:30 pm

cheesecheese wrote:
If you persist in driving badly even though there are simple and easy to use driving 'help' programs installed in your vehicle, then I'd be annoyed. When you get autopilot on your truck, then you can whinge.

Every car has turn signals,many don't use them. I don't stress about it.
All cars have mirrors, many don't have them adjusted right or use them effectively. I don't stress about it.
All cars have headlights and many states require them to be used in the rain & snow. If people don't bother I don't stress out about it.

using you reasoning of ignoring posters who refuse to use spell checker,truckers should ignore people who can't be bothered using things right at their disposal and act like they don't exist.

I'm just kidding about running people off the road :wink:

Some people put a high priority on perfecting the english skills and some don't.

I would think people would put lots of effort into perfecting their driving skills sinse their life depends on it and don't think a cop would be impressed if they could spell every word right on an accident report :wink:

If somebody wants to work for a newspaper or teach english class they should perfect the skill,for the average person it's not really a high priority in life. Being able to fix the toilet is more likely to come in handy than having mastered the english lauguage. :lol:

I sold car parts many years ago and was horrified that people would come in and want a part and not have a clue what they where driving,it don't help that it's white and sort of old. Cars weren't their thing and they could care less about them,it was just an appliance to them,like the white thing in my basement I throw cloths and soap in,it's also sort of old.

300 million people in the country,nobody has enough time to run around the internet and rag on them all to perfect their english skills,plus the other 6 billion people on planet earth who might join in and for most of them it will be a second lauguage.

I'm really impressed by the people who can spell and make a paragraph 2 feet long,there enter key must be broken, oops their not there :lol:

cheesecheese
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Mar 2006, 2:37 am

Quote:
300 million people in the country

Which country? Your country? Good for you.