Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 9:07 am

I hate it when parents expect their children to have been born automatically knowing certain things, and if they don`t they must be a bad or slow or stubborn child. Or the parent expects someoen else to have taught the child, and if the child doesn`t know because no one taught them, the parent assumes it`s because the child was taught but that the child is slow/stubborn/bad. I also hate it when the parent only explains to the child in a way the parent would understand, and if the child doesn`t understand because he has a different way of learning, he must be slower/more stubborn/ a worse person than the parent was/is.

DarrylZero
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 11:02 am

I hated that when I was a kid. My "favorite" was when my dad would yell at me, "Can't you understand plain English?!" I always wanted to respond with, "Yes. Can you speak it?!" But I didn't want to have the crap beat out of me, so I just stared at my feet. But then that would bring on, "Look at me when I'm talking to you!"

Yeah. The joys of childhood. :(

I wish I could say it got better when I got older, but not really.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 1:35 pm

What`s the matter with me? This is the second thread I meant to post in the parents`forum but ended up posting in the Haven instead! I get those two forums confused with each other for some reason, probably because you can post my threads in either one of them but I post so many threads in the Haven that I just automatically go there without thinking about it.