Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Roybertito
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2006, 6:34 am

Yeah, for anyone in high school up, it's semestrals time... right? At least, for me it is, I don't know about people in year-round schools.

But yeah. My teachers are going into a state of, well, pure lockdown. So far, it's got me cramming right now for fear of failing. My teachers have it drilled into me that if we don't get good grades on finals/semestrals, we're dead in the water, and I can't have that.

Anyone else getting stress from their teachers about this?

Beau
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2006, 10:10 pm

Woo do I feel the stress. Finals week is this upcoming week and I'm probably going to cram last minute. If my teachers are "going into a state of pure lockdown", they aren't showing it very well. My classmates seem chilled/okay. Probably on Monday, everyone is going to panic. I can't wait till Friday of next week. How many exams are you taking? I'm taking 6. Good luck!

Roybertito
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2006, 10:24 pm

Beau wrote:
Woo do I feel the stress. Finals week is this upcoming week and I'm probably going to cram last minute. If my teachers are "going into a state of pure lockdown", they aren't showing it very well. My classmates seem chilled/okay. Probably on Monday, everyone is going to panic. I can't wait till Friday of next week. How many exams are you taking? I'm taking 6. Good luck!

6 for me as well... one of them in computer graphics, we have to replicate an elaborate Photoshop in 30 minutes.

Beau
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2006, 5:21 pm

Have fun with the computer graphics final. My Spanish teacher seemed very stressed out yesterday. What did you mean when you said that if you didn't get good grades on the final, you're dead in the water? My finals count for 20% of my semester grade, so even if I received a low grade on the final, I would still pass the class. If you are in the A/B range, then failing your final wouldn't make you dead in the water.