dont know 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
its ok 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 7

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2009, 8:51 pm

just saw your new ones (: great

What's wrong with being famous? there are lots of aspies, glenn miller and ladyhawke come to my mind. Give it a shot, what do you have to lose?

btw when you're famous you're not odd or weird, you're just eccentric =P

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2009, 10:28 pm

Wow, Just had a listen to your other stuff. Very impressive.

You'd have enough for a CD right?

Make sure that you let everyone here know when you make your songs available as MP3s.

As far as American Idol is concerned... no... those shows aren't really about talent and they'd conflict with your aspie traits.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2009, 12:24 am

computerlove wrote:
just saw your new ones (: great

What's wrong with being famous? there are lots of aspies, glenn miller and ladyhawke come to my mind. Give it a shot, what do you have to lose?

btw when you're famous you're not odd or weird, you're just eccentric =P

There is nothing wrong with being famous. It seems fun actually. The problem I have is my whole life would be different.

I would be toled what weight i had to be , I might have to dance very provocative for music videos . I would have produce x amount of music in a certain period of time.
I would have to tour around and I wound not have much free time.

I would also be containly followed by people taking pictures of me and snooping into my private life.
I think the stress would kill me.

On some level I would like to be famous but being realistic I know I cold not handle it. I would like to do something with my voice but without all the added stresses.

I might do a 5 year contract if I was asked. That way I could get enough money to retire and live with my boyfriend. I think 5 years would give me enough money to retire.

Perhaps sing at Disney world? I actually sang there as a child when my school was chosen to preform there. I got a solo part.

I think I would do good as the little mermaid in the show they have at the park.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2009, 12:28 am

gbollard wrote:
Wow, Just had a listen to your other stuff. Very impressive.

You'd have enough for a CD right?

Make sure that you let everyone here know when you make your songs available as MP3s.

As far as American Idol is concerned... no... those shows aren't really about talent and they'd conflict with your aspie traits.

i have a few songs. about 5 good ones. I could write more though. How many would I need for a cd?

Also How do I go about copyrighting my work?

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2009, 12:31 am

Thank you so much for being so supportive of my singing!! !

I really really appreciate it!
It helps me get the confidence i need to sing.
So thank so very much!

Here is another cover I just finished if you want to listen.
Its a country song called the climb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7-TEtK2YlQ

And thanks again ! your support helps me more then you know!

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2009, 9:51 pm

moar!

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2009, 10:47 pm

just-me wrote:
i have a few songs. about 5 good ones. I could write more though. How many would I need for a cd?

A CD varies from about 10-20 songs depending on length.

The best measure is the fact that a CD is approximately 70-80 minutes. Most artists though only produce about 60 minute worth.

The Climb, (which is excellent btw) is 3.46 (so, allowing for a bit of space between songs, say 4 minutes duration).

So... 15 songs of about the same duration as "the Climb"... of course if you slip in some longer songs (eg: American pie is over 8 minutes), you can cut down the number of songs you need.

As far as how to copyright them... I think that's a given. Copyright law is automatic but I think you mean something else.... That, you'll have to ask an expert. Quatermass might be able to give you some idea. I know he's into books, not music but the process won't be all that different.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2009, 7:11 am

gbollard wrote:
just-me wrote:

A CD varies from about 10-20 songs depending on length.

The best measure is the fact that a CD is approximately 70-80 minutes. Most artists though only produce about 60 minute worth.

The Climb, (which is excellent btw) is 3.46 (so, allowing for a bit of space between songs, say 4 minutes duration).

So... 15 songs of about the same duration as "the Climb"... of course if you slip in some longer songs (eg: American pie is over 8 minutes), you can cut down the number of songs you need.

As far as how to copyright them... I think that's a given. Copyright law is automatic but I think you mean something else.... That, you'll have to ask an expert. Quatermass might be able to give you some idea. I know he's into books, not music but the process won't be all that different.

Thank you very much for the information! I'm also glad you like "the climb". I think i like that one best.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2009, 7:12 am

computerlove wrote:
moar!

I'm glad you like my music! I will be posting new songs soon. Thanks for listening!

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2009, 9:51 am

Hi "Just me"
I havent seen this thread until now, otherwise I would have replied earlier

You have a very diffrent style from what I have and use to watch on YouTube but I liked the Rwanda song, its beatiful, sensitive and have a nice melody. Is it you playing all instruments too in the other songs, like the guitar?

I have been on YouTube for some years and knows that if you want people to see your videos you have to be active yourself and invite people to watch them like you do in this thread
You can also reply to related videos and in this way make others discover your videos
But a good advice is to make a real video and not only show a still photo to your music. Then it gets a deeper dimention and a combination can make your videos more successful

You can not upload a video and then wait for someone to discover it, at least not what I have experienced
*I wonder what they who gets thousands of views in one day do to get that...*

Im also very keen to my copyright as I provide a full concept where all single detail is made by me. So I always have a copyright tag through the whole video so nobody can come and claim its theirs.
What you also can do is to apply for ContentID

and yeah, my weak part in videos on YouTube is music so I use AudioSwap...

Shall we support each other on YouTube?

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 1:46 am

Just-me, do you do requests? :oops: if you have the time, i'd really love if you made a cover of Portishead - Roads? (:
I found these instrumental vids: 1, 2, hope you do it (:
also, what mic do you use? get a better one! is there a way to donate? :D

btw you remind me of the portishead singer, Beth Gibbons, she's also very reclusive, might be an aspie :chin:

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2009, 1:13 am

computerlove wrote:
Just-me, do you do requests? :oops: if you have the time, i'd really love if you made a cover of Portishead - Roads? (:
I found these instrumental vids: 1, 2, hope you do it (:
also, what mic do you use? get a better one! is there a way to donate? :D

btw you remind me of the portishead singer, Beth Gibbons, she's also very reclusive, might be an aspie :chin:

I would be happy to do requests! I find it a complement actually.
I'm visiting with my uncle for a few days so it may take a little while till i have time to learn the song.

But I will gladly sing it!

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2009, 1:20 am

xalepax wrote:
Hi "Just me"
I havent seen this thread until now, otherwise I would have replied earlier

You have a very diffrent style from what I have and use to watch on YouTube but I liked the Rwanda song, its beatiful, sensitive and have a nice melody. Is it you playing all instruments too in the other songs, like the guitar?

No I actually don't read music and I don't know how to play any instruments. I hope to learn eventually though. I'm glad you like my song. Ive written better ones , that one was done in like 10 mins.

xalepax wrote:
Im also very keen to my copyright as I provide a full concept where all single detail is made by me. So I always have a copyright tag through the whole video so nobody can come and claim its theirs.
What you also can do is to apply for ContentID

and yeah, my weak part in videos on YouTube is music so I use AudioSwap...

I'm going to copyright my videos so I can put them up on you tube. My uncle is helping me. the fee is about 45 dollars per song so I need to save some money because I'm on a very low income.

xalepax wrote:
Sure! how do we do that?

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2009, 1:23 am

I want you all to know I'm moving my you tube channel .

My uncle wanted me to make one with a better name so he can show it to some people he knows who are in the music business.

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MissJessicaWhite

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 4:00 pm

computerlove the links you gave me were of glory box. I tried singing it but the first part is to low for me to sing. Is there anything else I could sing for you?

I'm sorry I am unable to do that song for you. But perhaps there is something else I could sing?

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 4:44 pm

just-me wrote:
xalepax wrote:
Sure! how do we do that?

By giving each other attention within YouTube. I have applied for friendship to you on your new channel, Im "MaidanTube". Well we dont actually know each other but we both have AS right... By this we notice when one of us upload a video. Sometimes I can rate and comment on videos to support somebody else