xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 4:44 pm

just-me wrote:
xalepax wrote:
Shall we support each other on YouTube?
Sure! how do we do that?

By giving each other attention within YouTube. I have applied for friendship to you on your new channel, Im "MaidanTube". Well we dont actually know each other but we both have AS right... By this we notice when one of us upload a video. Sometimes I can rate and comment on videos to support somebody else

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2009, 12:41 am

just-me wrote:
the first part is to low for me to sing

Just sing, use your voice, your style, we are here for you, not to see if it's too low or high or whatever.
It's your voice that everyone here wants to hear (:

¡Just keep singing! (:

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2009, 1:39 am

computerlove wrote:
just-me wrote:

Just sing, use your voice, your style, we are here for you, not to see if it's too low or high or whatever.

¡Just keep singing! (:

Yes... Absolutely.

Don't adopt someone else's style - we don't need a mimic. Use your own.

As an example: Rocket Man by Elton John.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzrKlEtxTx4[/youtube]

There was a CD released a few years back celebrating 20 years of Elton John and Bernie Taupin. A lot of artists did their own covers of Elton's songs for it. Most weren't great. It wasn't that they were "bad" just that they were imitations.

Kate Bush did her own thing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYSCHKmvcIY[/youtube]

And it was good.. Arguably the best of the album and possibly better than Elton (IMHO).

Your voice sometimes sounds like Kate's. (I hope you take that as a compliment since she was always one of my favourite artists).

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2009, 4:26 pm

xalepax wrote:
just-me wrote:
xalepax wrote:
Shall we support each other on YouTube?
Sure! how do we do that?

By giving each other attention within YouTube. I have applied for friendship to you on your new channel, Im "MaidanTube". Well we dont actually know each other but we both have AS right... By this we notice when one of us upload a video. Sometimes I can rate and comment on videos to support somebody else

I subscribed to your channel. Your videos are pretty good! keep up the good work!! !

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2009, 5:17 pm

computerlove wrote:
just-me wrote:

¡Just keep singing! (:

Thanks so much ! And thanks for all the support it really helps!! !

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2009, 5:22 pm

gbollard wrote:
Yes... Absolutely.

Don't adopt someone else's style - we don't need a mimic. Use your own.
There was a CD released a few years back celebrating 20 years of Elton John and Bernie Taupin. A lot of artists did their own covers of Elton's songs for it. Most weren't great. It wasn't that they were "bad" just that they were imitations.
Kate Bush did her own thing.
And it was good.. Arguably the best of the album and possibly better than Elton (IMHO).

I don't know if i have a style . I think I love everything.
Although i do tend to lean to dark haunting Gothic music .

I'm going to be doing some evanescence later.

gbollard wrote:
Your voice sometimes sounds like Kate's. (I hope you take that as a compliment since she was always one of my favourite artists).

My boyfriend likes her music as well. He says I sound like her.

And yes I do take that as a complement. :D Thank you so much I feel very honored!

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2009, 6:18 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC2VtnDtgKc[/youtube] And here is another one.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2009, 5:45 pm

I deleted my you tube account's. I decided I don't want to be on you tube. But thank you all so much for your support.

I'm not doing well at the moment but maybe when i feel better ill find a way to make those songs (the ones that were on you tube) available for free download .

Again thanks so much for all your support!! !! !

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2009, 6:51 pm

just-me wrote:
I deleted my you tube account's. I decided I don't want to be on you tube. But thank you all so much for your support.

Are you ok?

I'm not sure what happened but I want to reassure you, in case your self-confidence is shaken, your singing was brilliant.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2009, 9:33 pm

gbollard wrote:
just-me wrote:

Are you ok?

I'm not sure what happened but I want to reassure you, in case your self-confidence is shaken, your singing was brilliant.

Oh thank you so much for caring. I know I sing well. Its just that My family go on my you tube page and I didn't want them tracing it back here.

I beat myself up a day or 2 ago. I gave myself 2 black eyes and they think I did it as self harm. I did do it as self harm but I'm denying it.
If they see I admitted it here then they might commit me.

I'm just sad about my life my lack of future and my horrible past.

It goes into detail in the haven.
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp2324524.html#2324524

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2009, 2:11 am

Hi, sad to hear you took them offline and what you are going through.

take care

¡But keep singing!

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 11:34 am

just-me wrote:

I'm not doing well at the moment but maybe when i feel better ill find a way to make those songs (the ones that were on you tube) available for free download .

Again thanks so much for all your support!! !! !

OMG! This is so incredible sad. And I who was so glad to support you and to see you support me... but you can open a new YouTube account and keep it private and away from your family if you want it to stay away from them or wise versa....
My gosh... I go check your Haven thread to see whats up...

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 12:39 pm

If you delete your channel or it gets taken down, does it prevent access to youtube? I need answer, because i have a irritating twinbrother who likes to meess with my channel, and i must know certainly.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2009, 12:12 am

I'll post a thread in this section when I feel able to sing again. I'll let you all know when I have a new you tube page up.

I hope you'll all still be interested in my music. I apologize for having to take it off. but i want you all to know it meant so much to me that you liked my singing!

It will take me a while cause I'm trying to rest and heal myself a bit. But I'll be sure to let you all know when I have a new you tube page.

Thanks so much for all your support!! !! !! !! !

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2009, 12:14 am

bdhkhsfgk wrote:
If you delete your channel or it gets taken down, does it prevent access to youtube? I need answer, because i have a irritating twinbrother who likes to meess with my channel, and i must know certainly.

You would need to delete your videos and make commenting not allowed in your settings. Then you can delete your account.

Also you can let you tube know someone is messing with your account, they might help you with it .