Do people not get mad at things you say?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TB
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2009, 6:06 pm

marshall wrote:
I'm usually tactful. Sometimes I have the opposite problem from being blunt. For instance, if everyone else in a group claims to like a certain movie that I hated I'll respond with something like "I thought the special effects were neat of you're into that kind of thing" rather than just admitting that I didn't like it. Then I get embarrassed thinking my response probably sounded stupid.

If people react funny to me it's usually because I'm being overly analytical. I don't give simple quick responses to questions. I have to give all the reasons why. I'll try to preemptively answer all possible questions or doubts people might have in a single response rather than just letting it be and waiting to hear what the others think. I get weird reactions after over-explaining myself like this. Any other aspies find themselves in the habit of doing this?

yes i do this when i get driving lessons analyzing every mistake and how to do it right next time i also do it when i play a video game and i talk to ppl on ventrillo about the gameplay and what needs improvement ussually it just stays quiet because they stopped listening halfway through i gues.

littlegreenleaf
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Jun 2009, 6:14 pm

I think at the worst I've made people uncomfortable.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2009, 8:22 pm

RealTalk wrote:
It's probably the same as when kids say something unintentionally rude: you just can't take them seriously for it

so you are saying when you are saying something rude that you are just a kid and we shouldn't take you seriously?

OK
thanks for pointing that out.

Merle

JanetFAP
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jun 2009, 11:13 pm

RealTalk wrote:
It's probably the same as when kids say something unintentionally rude: you just can't take them seriously for it

If I may quote MaggieDoll, my fellow resident on the WrongPlanet

Maggiedoll wrote:
if it looks like an as*hole and talks like an as*hole.. maybe it's actually an aspie that's just not communicating well..

I deffinately want a t-shirt!