Is it typical to develop feelings for people so easily?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Doomcookie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jul 2009, 1:34 am

Alright, I'm very tired, it's about 2 A.M., so I'm going to try and condense my story as much as possible. I don't want to use the real names, so I'll be referring to them by the first letters of their names.

So, my Freshman year of high school, I pretty much don't do anything. Sophomore year, first semester comes and goes. Much more involved, but still not very social. Second semester, I end up meeting a couple of people in my Student Prep. Those two girls who I meet notice me due to me screwing around with this guy from a class I had during the previous semester, wherein I stared at him and pretended to have a different sexual orientation than I really have.

I find girl T annoying at first, and girl A fun to talk to. After a few weeks, I get to know girl T better and find her less annoying, even though she won't really say much about herself. I talk to her online after school every day. Then, I go to a regional competition for robotics and when I come back, she's gone, having to switch her prep for personal reasons. I still talk to girl A a lot, but mostly jokes, laughable kinds of conversations, such as fake sexual remarks towards each other.

Next quarter comes, we're all in the same prep together again. I mess around with girl T for about a week, telling her she's a jerk for leaving and not talking to her, but eventually come around and start talking to her. After a few weeks, I kind of sort of develop my first crush and start talking to her more, including online after school. I hardly talk to girl A or guy J (one of the few males I really get along with) for a few weeks. Towards the end of this whole escapade, after the drawing a smiley face on my hand and asking about my love life, I tell girl T how I don't love her, but I like her, even though we're very different.

I stopped talking to her after her replying (in notes) that it's not a big deal, and some of her friends whom I never met. I acted like she just wasn't there and ignored her, which came to anger guy J to the point we didn't talk anymore, while she just kept trying to get me to talk to her.

So I regather myself and start talking to girl A again, who seems to be the only of them who considered me a friend and not just someone who's jokes and strange sense of humor were funny.

We get along really great, even though we're completely different. She's a varsity softball-playing Freshman, and I'm a nerdy sophomore who wears Hot Topic clothes and mainly ends up talking to sport-playing people, including but not limited to her. We both have a sick sense of humor, which resulted in a lot of laughs. And we both like Pokemon to the extent we'd break out into saying a Pokemon and having the other name its subsequent evolutions.

Last day of school, girl A has me just say "hi" to girl T as it's the last day. She also however, is the first of two people to sign my year book. In it she writes about all of the funny situations we had in our preps, her contempt at finding another person to talk about Pokemon with, the ups and downs of our relationship over the semester, and I should keep in touch over the Summer over MySpace so she can "see how her baby doll's doing."

I don't know why, but I've got of felt some stuff for her. Maybe it's just because I miss her, but it feels familiar. I mean, I don't like every girl I associate with. There's girl J who I'm just out right friends with, have been for longer than I've known girl T or A, and I don't have feelings for.

After all that drama, girl A and girl J are probably my only actual "friends" excluding a couple minor acquaintances. Note: Like I briefly mentioned earlier, I don't typically get along with guys very well.

Am I just weak, is it my lack of friends in the first place or what?

Silvervarg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2009, 1:50 am

Doomcookie wrote:
Alright, I'm very tired, it's about 2 A.M., so I'm going to try and condense my story as much as possible. I don't want to use the real names, so I'll be referring to them by the first letters of their names.

So, my Freshman year of high school, I pretty much don't do anything. Sophomore year, first semester comes and goes. Much more involved, but still not very social. Second semester, I end up meeting a couple of people in my Student Prep. Those two girls who I meet notice me due to me screwing around with this guy from a class I had during the previous semester, wherein I stared at him and pretended to have a different sexual orientation than I really have.

I find girl T annoying at first, and girl A fun to talk to. After a few weeks, I get to know girl T better and find her less annoying, even though she won't really say much about herself. I talk to her online after school every day. Then, I go to a regional competition for robotics and when I come back, she's gone, having to switch her prep for personal reasons. I still talk to girl A a lot, but mostly jokes, laughable kinds of conversations, such as fake sexual remarks towards each other.

Next quarter comes, we're all in the same prep together again. I mess around with girl T for about a week, telling her she's a jerk for leaving and not talking to her, but eventually come around and start talking to her. After a few weeks, I kind of sort of develop my first crush and start talking to her more, including online after school. I hardly talk to girl A or guy J (one of the few males I really get along with) for a few weeks. Towards the end of this whole escapade, after the drawing a smiley face on my hand and asking about my love life, I tell girl T how I don't love her, but I like her, even though we're very different.

I stopped talking to her after her replying (in notes) that it's not a big deal, and some of her friends whom I never met. I acted like she just wasn't there and ignored her, which came to anger guy J to the point we didn't talk anymore, while she just kept trying to get me to talk to her.

So I regather myself and start talking to girl A again, who seems to be the only of them who considered me a friend and not just someone who's jokes and strange sense of humor were funny.

We get along really great, even though we're completely different. She's a varsity softball-playing Freshman, and I'm a nerdy sophomore who wears Hot Topic clothes and mainly ends up talking to sport-playing people, including but not limited to her. We both have a sick sense of humor, which resulted in a lot of laughs. And we both like Pokemon to the extent we'd break out into saying a Pokemon and having the other name its subsequent evolutions.

Last day of school, girl A has me just say "hi" to girl T as it's the last day. She also however, is the first of two people to sign my year book. In it she writes about all of the funny situations we had in our preps, her contempt at finding another person to talk about Pokemon with, the ups and downs of our relationship over the semester, and I should keep in touch over the Summer over MySpace so she can "see how her baby doll's doing."

I don't know why, but I've got of felt some stuff for her. Maybe it's just because I miss her, but it feels familiar. I mean, I don't like every girl I associate with. There's girl J who I'm just out right friends with, have been for longer than I've known girl T or A, and I don't have feelings for.

After all that drama, girl A and girl J are probably my only actual "friends" excluding a couple minor acquaintances. Note: Like I briefly mentioned earlier, I don't typically get along with guys very well.

Am I just weak, is it my lack of friends in the first place or what?

This sounds completly normal and not all that fast, is there a point I've missed?

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2009, 5:29 am

Develop feelings for a girl?

Hell, I can develop feelings for a girl just by looking at her.

She doesn't have to be that pretty or that sexy. When I look at her I feel that "this might be the girl for me".

Ok, I am an old coot and I found "my girl" many years ago but sometimes when I see young girls I wish I were a young man of the same age, because I would like to know her better.

the_wife
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jul 2009, 10:16 am

Wombat wrote:

Hell, I can develop feelings for a girl just by looking at her.

Same here... well, except I'm a girl, so just change out "girl" with guy.

Certain ones just can catch my eye and easily and get me to thinking. Even if I've never seen them before and don't expect to ever see them again. I love to people watch, and I think this is just a fringe benefit.

I think your feelings are very typical. Maybe you're just overthinking things.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2009, 12:42 pm

the_wife wrote:
Same here... well, except I'm a girl, so just change out "girl" with guy.
Certain ones just can catch my eye and easily and get me to thinking. Even if I've never seen them before and don't expect to ever see them again. I love to people watch, and I think this is just a fringe benefit.

Ahh.. you are "my" kind of girl.

I see someone and it flashes through my mind "what would it be like to be with this person"?