Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2009, 7:46 pm

There are almost no pictures of me :( .
This is a situation going back years .
Even pictures I HAD have apparently got lost :cry: .
I wish I had some pictures from when I was younger & cuter :cry: ...there , I said it !
Recently , my social worker took a few pictures of me with a digicam , she said she'd sent the digital versions to my E-mail...Now , she's said they're ( They're snapshots , really . ) " too big " to send and - at first - she said she'd print them out for me ( She's even dropped that recntly . ) but to forget about getting digicopies sent to me . :cry:
I said she , essentially , promised and she owes them to me :cry: .
I am planning to , as I've said to her , give her $20 and say , " There , there's $4 each for each snapshot , now you have to send them to me " , just so , if I , in fact , can , can force her to do it . If she pushes the $20 back I'll tear it up in front of her , I'll tell her that in advance .

larrygnu
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jul 2009, 8:35 pm

Sounds frustrating.

If the pictures are too big to email to you, ask your social worker to put them on a CD for you. Then you'll have them on your computer, but many stores now have machines that read the photos off a CD and you can print them yourself.

And instead of tearing up the $20, send it to me :) I'll tear it up for you, I promise! ;)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2009, 8:53 pm

...I'm too poor to have a computer :cry: ( I do this at the library , etctera . I want to put that in my profile , but I can't change my profile . ) .

Hmmmn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jul 2009, 9:46 pm

I think doing what you've said you're going to do would probably really offend your social worker. People don't always do what they say they will and sometimes do/say things like that becase they think it will make you feel better at the time not realising you're expecting them to go through with it. You say there's no pics of you and it makes you sad so she takes a pic to cheer you up and says she'll send you some copies and that's as far as it goes in her mind she's achieved her goal of cheering you up and no further work is needed. We know it doesn't quite work like that in the AS mind but not many other people do.

Ask her to take you to a photo booth and take some pics there and you'll have them to keep straight away.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

01 Jul 2009, 9:54 pm

Does anyone from your family have a digital camera, or a mobile phone with a camera? Maybe you can ask them to take some photos of you and then you can ask them to put them onto a CD for you. I also think the idea above is a good one - going to a photo booth.
I don't have many photos of myself either - in the last 7 years only a few excluding the ones from my mums wedding.

EDIT: Another idea - buy a cheap disposable camera and ask your social worker to take some photos of you. That way you can make sure that you get the pictures.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 10:21 am

ASS-P,
who is it who owns the camera?
it [the memory stick] can be taken to a film/photo developer shop where they can take the photos off it and put it onto a cd, sister has done this.
is a bit like what Brittany2907 has said already but is there no one else that could lend a camera for it?

social workers aren't dependable for being quick,though to be fair they have a lot of other clients as well which slows them down in sorting out things.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Vanilla_Slice
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 3:25 pm

There are very few pictures of me, anywhere. I have no pictures of my late Father, Mother or Brother. This does not bother me in the slightest because the time spent with my family was not good.

Vanilla_Slice

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 6:27 pm

A simple solution would be to upload them to Photobucket, or any other site that lets you upload photos (including file sharing sites and even web hosting sites) and then have her send you the links.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 9:38 pm

...I should really point out that I DO NOT HAVE A COMPUTER , I have said this below.........I have no picyures of my family , either , which , I am , NOT happy about .
I am extremely poor , I am - literally - just above homeless .
I wanted pictures on a computer , they were taken with a digicam (someone else's I think) .
I thought that I put up to be notivied of responses to this , but I wasn't .