Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 2:03 pm

The introverted NTs I know are better than both extroverted NTs and people like us combined.

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 2:48 pm

fernando wrote:
Well i are NT, i dare not chat with people, have no friends, no girlfriend, not even MSN, never go to parties, when in a group of people i stand silent in a corner while the others chat away, people try to cheer me up and fail... if that qualifies me as introverted (and i do score as introverted in the personality tests) then i'd be qualified to answer your question: the difference is the neurological state, a bunch of innerworkings of the central nervous system that is different in autistic people:

Autistic people have a monotone voice that doesn't carry any emotions, mine carries emotion.
Autistic people don't feel physical pain when they see someone being hurt, i do.
Autistic people have a cold brain, mine is hot.
Autistic people feel an extra kind of pleasure when their skin is pressed, i don't.
Autistic people can withstand cold temperatures very well, i can't.
Autistic people can't make warm eye contact, i can.
Autistic people have motor clumsiness, i own my body : )
Autistic people can't stand being touched, i don't mind it.

Basically i'm listing the symptoms of autism, except the tendency to routines, which i do exhibit but that's just my particular case.

I know I sound stupid for saying this, but that really offended me...I don't have a monotone voice, and not all autistics do (although I sometimes adopt one at school to make people in my class think I'm emotionless), and I'm sure that there are a couple autistics with mirror-touch synthesia (or however you spell it), such as (I think) me. The cold and hot brain is not all that it seems; some autists have depths of feeling that neurotypicals may not even realize, although the skin-pressing thing kind of works for me (I enjoy being hugged). The cold temperatures is either just a myth or a metaphor, but either one is false or media created, in my opinion, and some of the NT's can't make eye contact, either (especially when lying; I bought a book on that, just like I buy books on everything, as a bibliomaniac). Anybody can have motor clumsiness (my NT sister is an example; she broke an ankle on a step-up), and I'm not sure the touching thing is true when you said that they enjoy their skin being pressed. Most of the things you said were myths.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 9:33 pm

I sometimes wonder if I am just an introverted NT. My dad, in particular, used to tell me "Don't be a hermit!" when I was in HS. I really like being alone, much more than going out, and I like to live inside my own head.

Most of my close friends are introverted NTs. We get along pretty well, so I never really thought much of myself being different from them. But I seem to have more issues with relationships, clumsiness, sensory things than my introverted NT friends...