Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

gamefreak
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 7:48 pm

How can I install and run WIndows Programs on WINE. I have WINE installed and was wondering.

kip
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 9:48 pm

I just usually double click the installer EXE, runs fine here.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2009, 12:16 am

PlayOnLinux may assist you with certain games. It enabled me to install the sims 3 in wine.

kip
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2009, 1:11 am

Fuzzy wrote:
PlayOnLinux may assist you with certain games. It enabled me to install the sims 3 in wine.

Yea, see, I don't have shader 2 on my laptop, so games like that are a no go. And my desktop has windows, which is where Hubby put all the games. Annoying to restart to play, but meh.

So, I rephrase. For simple programmes, I double click.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2009, 3:42 am

Provided the support has been done for the windows program just double click on the exe or right click - open with - wine.

Look here to see if the programs you wish to use are supported http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&sTitle=Browse%20Applications&sOrderBy=appName&bAscending=true

Alternatively search through the repositories for an equivalent and often free program

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx