Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Brusilov
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2009, 3:27 pm

Quote:
ou readily admit she's unqualified for "anything more than the governor of a small, backwater state" but you want her to be president? Am I missing something or did we learn nothing from Bush?

I agree with most of Palin's political views. I also agree with people like Ann Coulter and Pat Buchannan, but I would hardly suggest that they were qualified to be the president. I find that I am on the same page with most of what Palin says, but she is not really presidential timber in the sense that someone like Reagan or Roosevelt was. I would still support Palin wholeheartedly if she chose to ran.

I think that the next conservative revolution will have to be led by a female politician in today's PC world. Women just seem to have more freedom to express their views on the liberal media forums without getting lambasted as "racist" or bigoted or whatever. I don't think that Palin will be the figurehead, as she is rapidly devolving into something of a joke, kind of like what happened to Dan Quayle. Palin just doesn't fit that presidential profile, and that is why I am saying that she is unqualified to be president. She is too much of a magnet for small-scale corruption.

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2009, 10:10 pm

I agree with what's written above.

vibratetogether
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 Jul 2009, 11:06 am

Brusilov wrote:
I would just love a Palin presidency, however. She is a racist, hypocritical piece of white trash.

fyp

Brusilov
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jul 2009, 12:35 pm

Quote:
fyp

?

Don't misquote me......... It is bad form and in bad taste.

When did I say, "She is a racist, hypocritical piece of white trash?" She is a wonderful lady.

We were just trying to have a civilized, intelligent discussion, and you had to insert yourself just to keep up our vendetta. Why don't you try chirping in when you actually have something meaningful to say?

Oggleleus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jul 2009, 9:15 am

Wow, some definite Palin haters here. I think the Palin Haters are scared that she might get out of politics and leave them without an easy mark to pick on and insult. Guess they will have to go back to their noble task of beating up on Condoleeza Rice or getting the geriatric David Letterman to pick a new liberal approved target for self inflating ego stroking.

Palin is not presidential. She does not fit with the formula for female success in Washington. She is just too damned good looking for a politician. :lol: :lol: :lol:

vibratetogether
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Jul 2009, 9:28 pm

Brusilov wrote:
Quote:
fyp

?

Don't misquote me......... It is bad form and in bad taste.

I didn't misquote you. Adding fyp (fixed your post) denotes that I am changing your statement to more accurately reflect my impression of the truth.

CRD
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2009, 9:42 pm

You don't have to agree with everyone but "fixing" Oggleleus post was uncalled for and rude. Realy it just made you look silly in the way the old stop hitting your self trick makes a bully look like a goober.

Brusilov
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jul 2009, 8:20 am

Quote:
I didn't misquote you. Adding fyp (fixed your post) denotes that I am changing your statement to more accurately reflect my impression of the truth.

Well, it is poor form and bad taste, and classless all the same. Instead of sarcastically "fixing my post," you could have just said to me outright, "I think you are a worthless, racist piece of trash or whatever." That would have been much more appropriate than what you did, which is ban-worthy IMO. Nothing is more despicable than altering someone's words. If you have some personal vendetta with me......... fine........ but at least have some integrity and honor and stand up like a man.

There had been nothing posted on this thread that discussed any sort of racist views held by anyone in the first place.

You can alter and edit your own posts, but you'll steer clear from mine. Don't "fix my posts," instead, grow a pole and tell me what you think to my face.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2009, 8:45 am

Brusilov, threats are not allowed on WP, whether express or implied. Either calm down, or walk away from the conversation.

VT, while what you did is considered acceptable in many circles, ascribing words to someone that they did not say is inappropriate. Consider your venue and audience, where what is placed out there in many cases will be taken literally. To suggest "fixing" what another person says that you disagree in such a manner is not productive or constructive, and is relatively insulting.

The warning applies to the thread; consider what you have to say before typing, and follow the site rules.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

vibratetogether
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Jul 2009, 3:27 pm

Brusilov - I never stated I thought you were worthless or white-trash, I don't think either of those things. I do think you are racist, but that's not really here or there. My "fyp" was in reference only to Palin, and was not directly insinuating that I applied those attributes to you. I don't have it out for you, I'm not one to hold a grudge, but I do find some of your views disturbing, and will feel free to comment where I feel appropriate, though in the future I will attempt to be more direct so as to avoid these sort of misunderstandings.

Maku - Noted. I may occasionally forget that people here will take me literally and say something in forum-speak or with a hint of sarcasm. I'll try and be more conscientious in the future.