Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2009, 12:04 pm

I am changing my name legally soon, and I haven't quite decided on a middle name yet. The first name I will be taking is Dayla. Any suggestions for a middle name?

bhetti
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2009, 1:03 pm

we have a tradition in our family of choosing middle names to honor our family, so there are lots of Ann and Hannah, and I gave my daughter Christine for dad's grandmother and my son Joseph for my grandfather. if we didn't do that, I suppose I'd choose a name of someone who inspired me to be who I am.

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2009, 2:55 pm

At the moment, I like the name Ezri. It was a name of a character on Star Trek.

Both of my sisters changed their names as a way to cleanse themselves from miserable childhoods. I would have changed my name, too but the names I think up become special to me and I wouldn't want people I don't like to speak my special cosmic names so I keep my old dull name for the outside world. In my secret world, nobody says my cosmic name without my say so.

CRD
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2009, 9:22 pm

With a short name like Dayla a long middle name would be nice try saying them aload with your last name to find one that flows make sure to check the intials so the don't spell something silly like D.O.D and finding something with a meaning you like is always a good thing :). Best of luck with your new name and fresh start :)

Prim8
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jul 2009, 5:08 am

I'm curious about the name Dayla that you've chosen. I haven't managed to find a meaning for it in the name sites I have checked. What does it mean? I too am in the process of changing my name. I want each part of it to represent the journey that has been my life.

If I were you, I would want my name to reflect in some way the feminine or to honour being a woman. Dayla Eve sounds nice to my ears. Eve was the original woman in the biblical & Hebrew belief systems. A quick search of one name meaning site produced many many names which mean "woman". There are some really pretty ones amidst the unusual. Here's the link:

http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.co ... ing=&page=

Just an idea. Good luck choosing :wink:

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2009, 2:29 pm

Prim8 wrote:
I'm curious about the name Dayla that you've chosen. I haven't managed to find a meaning for it in the name sites I have checked. What does it mean? I too am in the process of changing my name. I want each part of it to represent the journey that has been my life.

If I were you, I would want my name to reflect in some way the feminine or to honour being a woman. Dayla Eve sounds nice to my ears. Eve was the original woman in the biblical & Hebrew belief systems. A quick search of one name meaning site produced many many names which mean "woman". There are some really pretty ones amidst the unusual. Here's the link:

http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.co ... ing=&page=

Just an idea. Good luck choosing :wink:

Ooh, Dayla Eve, that does sound really good when you say it out loud.

FiveEggsIn
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jul 2009, 1:08 am

Dayla Athanasia would mean Valley of Eternal Life
Dayla Joy would mean Valley of Joy
Dayla Irene would mean Valley of Peace
Dayla Luz would mean Valley of Light or Valley of the Moon
Dayla Aileen would mean Valley of Radiant Light
Dayla Noelle would mean Christmas Valley