No 35%  35%  [ 19 ]
Other 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Other 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 54

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2006, 3:57 pm

I can't stand odors on other people's bodies, including my own. I'm speaking of spray on odors like cologne or perfume.

Some people wear so much perfume it makes me feel sick to my stomach. I used to work with a lady that wore so much that I could tell she had been in the room even after she had left it.

quietangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jan 2006, 5:40 pm

I am extremely smell sensitive. The most I can put on is a very lightly scented body lotion, I refer vanilla. (very calming)
There have been so many times that I have smelled a product on the shelf only to get it home and have to give it away or throw it because of the scent.
I get serious headaches with other peoples odors.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2006, 6:27 pm

The smell of fragrance is so grossly magnified in me that I have become allergic to it. :(

aprillove
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jan 2006, 7:04 pm

can't stand them--make me sneeze, have asthma attacks, and get headaches.
april

Tails
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jan 2006, 7:10 pm

I'm hypersensitive to smells (eg, I had to drop my photography class because the chemical smells made me feel sick and triggered off migraine headaches), therefore I don't wear scents and I hate having to be close to people wearing strong scents. Unfortunately my brother uses a LOT of really pongy cologne.... I can't go into the bathroom after him if he's been in there recently using the stuff.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2006, 7:16 pm

I refuse to wear anything that has an odor/scent (they give me headaches), but if I absolutely have to be around somone wearing perfume or cologne, I can stand it, but I won't be able to anything else but focus on not getting upset at the smell. Why do people need that stuff, anyway?

ed
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2006, 7:22 pm

The worst for me is fragranced powders. And the person who decided it was a good idea to put fragranced powder into aerosol cans should DIE!! !

fahreeq
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2006, 7:25 pm

I use perfume. I don't have a sensitivity to it unless it's the cheap stuff, which tends to have a lot of alcohol in it, or if someone's loaded it on.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2006, 7:28 pm

ed wrote:
The worst for me is fragranced powders. And the person who decided it was a good idea to put fragranced powder into aerosol cans should DIE!! !

I concur.

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2006, 1:31 am

For the most part, the only thing I wear is deodorant. If I wear perfume, it's only the tiniest ammount.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2006, 2:08 am

I don't wear anything but on the rarest of times. Right now I do not even own any cologne.

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2006, 2:25 am

Occassionally I might put a little bit of perfume on but otherwise I don't bother. One time I remember wearing perfume and it giving me a headache and making me sneeze and feel horrible so I avoided it for a while after that. I'm okay with wearing it during the day but if I go to bed with it on then I cant sleep and feel sick, so I have to wash it off completely (which is hard to do :roll: ) beforehand so I don't transfer it to my sheets.
There was a certain relief teacher at school who wore so much perfume you could smell her halfway down the corridor - I never wanted to sit in the front of the room when she was teaching because I had a headache within 2 minutes of the class starting.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2006, 2:47 pm

fahreeq wrote:
I use perfume. I don't have a sensitivity to it unless it's the cheap stuff, which tends to have a lot of alcohol in it, or if someone's loaded it on.

Ditto, only I use cologne not perfume.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 7:42 pm

Currently using a dove Pomegranate deodorant which I love, smells lovely and is moisturising. Very few perfumes last on me such as marks & Spencers Florentyna. Prada candy. Love Perfumes from next too. Yardley flowery soft powdery scents.