Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

bdubs
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Aug 2009, 8:32 pm

Ya dude I could def see how you could mess up your arch on your foot using chucks. Chucks are classics but I dont find them comfortable. Arch support is crucial in skating. I like skating in running shoes bc they are cooler, my feet sweat alot in most skate shoes. However they dont last to long haha.

Mainichi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Aug 2009, 6:33 pm

I enjoy skateboarding, I'm not that good at it. I also into aggreessive inline skating, which I;m much better at. I also enjoy snowboarding, freestyle sking, I'm ok at both. I live in Texas, so the nearest place to go skiing or snowboarding is in Ruidoso, NM which is about a 8-10 drive for me. I've been to Colorado, and Utah for snowboarding and skiing.

Oh, and Texas is getting a indoor snow dome in Grapevine, Texas. It will be the first snow dome in America and one of the largest in the world. It will be called the Texas Alps, and of course I'm happy about it along with all the other skaters, snowboarders and skiers.

duke666
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Aug 2009, 12:54 pm

My favorite graffiti at a new skate venue I found. It's on the concrete containment berm around an old oil tank on a decommissioned navy base on Treasure Island, that is now part of San Francisco.

-The Madness of King George

RustyShackleford
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Aug 2009, 1:26 pm

Just bought a new deck at the weekend! It's so shiny and has tons of pop compared with my old one with worn down kicktails. Kind of small though, I think it is 7.5" whereas the previous one was 7.75"- does anyone else find these tiny differences hard to adapt to?

Thinking about what to paint onto it (I buy blanks usually) but it has this really sweet clear burgundy lacquer which looks nicer than some guitars and I can't bring myself to paint it until I figure out something awesome.

Working on varial fingerflips as I can only land 1/100 or so at the moment!

bdubs
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Aug 2009, 11:12 am

RustyShackleford wrote:
Just bought a new deck at the weekend! It's so shiny and has tons of pop compared with my old one with worn down kicktails. Kind of small though, I think it is 7.5" whereas the previous one was 7.75"- does anyone else find these tiny differences hard to adapt to?

Thinking about what to paint onto it (I buy blanks usually) but it has this really sweet clear burgundy lacquer which looks nicer than some guitars and I can't bring myself to paint it until I figure out something awesome.

Working on varial fingerflips as I can only land 1/100 or so at the moment!

definately man it usually take me a couple of weeks to get use to. I use to always ride a 7.75". Wheel size, truck size also make a noticeable difference. You gotta try to find one size you like and stick with it which is hard to do haha. Now i ride a 8.25" x 32.5" minilogo bc now i mainly skate park and minipipe.

mikegee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Aug 2009, 11:18 am

yeah! i'm old school; i started skating in 1979; i had fibreflex boards for freestyle tricks and a santa cruz slalom board and a tony alva bowlrider board; i always used kryptonic wheels and oj as wll, and tracker and gull wing trucks, and independents too.

i miss bowl riding but im getting old and am wary of breaking my much needed bones lol

i currently have a sector long board; its like 4 feet long; great for long distance rides and ive even loosened the trucks and done some slaloming as well...

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2009, 2:26 pm

I used to a few years ago, but now i suck....