Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Masuna
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jul 2009, 8:18 am

Okay, this is really bothering me, And has for almost a year. (Sorry this will be long) I had a girl living above me and she was really noisy. I had put up with her noise at night for 3 years. One day last august she came to my door and asked me for toilet paper, thats when i met her. I thought she was cute and we became kinda friends. She's a single mom and i thought i was doing some good to help her and ask nothing in return. I gave her food and smokes and other household items. So one day she invites me up to visit. She was really flirty and we cuddled on her couch and talked and watched movies all night. out of nowhere she asks me for money, and i said no. She sent me home not 2 mins after. I thought to myself, Well, I don't want to be with a girl like that but that doesn't mean that i should not be friends with her. STUPID ! ! Every time she got close to me after that i'd step away, Every time i'd see her or visit i'd ask her to be quiet at night and she would say okay but not stop. It got to the point where i had to complain to the landlord about her noise, I asked that she not get in trouble but just talked to. Well she just got worse from there. She got louder and louder. But what gets me mad the most is she went around telling everyone here that i was spying on her. Now to all that know me, I'm not like that. Anyway, Most people believed her until she said to someone "The voices in the wall told her that guy was spying on her". She even went as far as to say i had threatened her and her 9 year old daughter. To be totally honest, i did sent some mean texts after she said those things about me, But i NEVER threatened her. I had even tried to talk to her and once (with her daughter as a witness) i told her i didn't want her and just wanted quiet at night. After all that drama, I finally got the landlord to move her to a different apartment. Can anyone please tell me why any person would do any of that? It REALLY bothers me.

UrchinStar47
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jul 2009, 8:44 am

She's crazy!

Alphabetania
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 8:47 am

UrchinStar47 wrote:
She's crazy!

I was going to give a very convoluted answer, but yours is so much more succinct and to the point! :lol:

UrchinStar47
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jul 2009, 9:32 am

Alphabetania wrote:
UrchinStar47 wrote:
She's crazy!

I was going to give a very convoluted answer, but yours is so much more succinct and to the point! :lol:

I considered a more convoluted answer myself, but that is basically it.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 11:31 am

Sounds like she was purposely trying to annoy you. I don't know why she acted like that though, but she probably was crazy to do that.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

Raskle
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jul 2009, 11:49 am

My formal diagnosis is that the wiring was wrong in her head.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 12:16 pm

sounds like she's blackmailing you for money.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 1:01 pm

She's no good. Unfortunately, there are many bad, petty people in this world and she is one of them. Her sending you home for not giving her money was a red flag right there. You got to be more alert, trust no one. That's a cliche saying but it's advice that will prevent you from getting used.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 1:43 pm

Masuna wrote:
she said to someone "The voices in the wall told her that guy was spying on her".

I hope this has taught you to stop answering your door. :roll:

:idea: Never loan toilet paper to strangers. They may try to return it, and you don't need their s**t.

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 3:02 pm

I agree with the above posters, she sounds crazy.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Jul 2009, 4:05 pm

Willard wrote:
Masuna wrote:
she said to someone "The voices in the wall told her that guy was spying on her".

I hope this has taught you to stop answering your door. :roll:

:idea: Never loan toilet paper to strangers. They may try to return it, and you don't need their s**t.

:lmao:

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 5:46 pm

Wow... you need to watch a bit of "Judge Judy".

She's a user.
She didn't get what she wanted (money) by flirting, so now she's trying a different tack.

Not the sort of person you want to be involved with.

And...

Don't send any messages or do anything else that could be used against you in a court of law.

Alphabetania
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 9:00 pm

I feel compelled to say something more.

Crazy people who do bad and manipulative stuff usually also have a good, kind, vulnerable side, and it was probably the nice things in this person that made you respond positively to her at one point. People who manipulate can't always help it. Sometimes they are so immature, abused or damaged that it is all they know.

That doesn't mean it's OK to let them do it. I learned this the hard way, allowing people to use me for years and years and years.

The problem I have found -- and I believe that this is particularly due to the fact that I am an Aspie -- is that so many times that I have tried to help people who are mentally ill and felt I understood them, and could sympathise with their pain, they have ended up manipulating me for money, favours, cover-ups for their wrongdoing and used me emotionally for support in order to avoid getting proper therapy, and it has burdened me so badly that I started suffering emotionally and financially myself.

I need to be responsible with my money and emotional energy and not spend it on people who will be ungrateful and irresponsible with these resources. Even my most religious, righteous friend, who is very generous with his own money and energy, told me this. He is mentally ill too, but takes responsibility for ensuring that he gets the help he needs. Of course he too needs friendship, but he is willing to give in the friendship, not just to take. I learn so much from him.

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2009, 8:43 am

Formal diagnosis- 'Screwed in the head.'
Or just a horrible user. My advice is to never give these people money, send no messages to them, and write nothing down.

NalaFontaine
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jul 2009, 9:56 pm

Clinically crazy? I don't know.

But from some of the signs and the situation I could probably guess that she's a moocher and a controller. Perhaps by fluke she gave a chance to see if one of her neighbours would be nice with the TP, well after showing some generosity, she decided to try her luck and see if she could turn you into a source for material and cash (like a wild animal being given some food by some campers)... After being told no she probably couldn't handle rejection and tried to control you in a different way. A need for control like that can be a mental problem
perhaps apathy... I recommend you read up on sociopaths just to be sure because we don't have as much detail about the situation as you do.