Page 1 of 19 [ 292 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next

Zeno
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 10:45 am

If you live in America, you should buy a gun. A handgun to start but an AK-47 would probably be better. Learn to use it at the range and at least figure out how to chamber the round and switch the safety off. You are going to need these skills.

The ongoing political saga in California has created much of the preconditions for civil unrest. No matter what actually happens it is a certainty that hundreds of thousands of predominantly young Latino kids are going to be either thrown onto the streets or squeezed out of overcrowded classrooms. During these times of economic distress, the Californian Legislature is adamant about not raising taxes to fill a $25 billion hole in the FY 2010 Budget. Without additional revenue, the only other alternative is to cut spending. And the biggest item on the chopping block is expenditure on education for kids in poorer districts. As another wave of foreclosures sweep through the country and more families are forced into homelessness, the country may be forced over the tipping point.

What will you do when the riots start?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 10:48 am

Zeno wrote:
If you live in America, you should buy a gun. A handgun to start but an AK-47 would probably be better. Learn to use it at the range and at least figure out how to chamber the round and switch the safety off. You are going to need these skills.

The ongoing political saga in California has created much of the preconditions for civil unrest. No matter what actually happens it is a certainty that hundreds of thousands of predominantly young Latino kids are going to be either thrown onto the streets or squeezed out of overcrowded classrooms. During these times of economic distress, the Californian Legislature is adamant about not raising taxes to fill a $25 billion hole in the FY 2010 Budget. Without additional revenue, the only other alternative is to cut spending. And the biggest item on the chopping block is expenditure on education for kids in poorer districts. As another wave of foreclosures sweep through the country and more families are forced into homelessness, the country may be forced over the tipping point.

If the young hooligans go on a rampage, the National Guard can come in and machine gun them to death. Problem solved.

ruveyn

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 11:04 am

Ruveyn, as much of a practical solution that would be, some of us would like to avoid that. <.< i'm up for using crowd control weapons though (non lethal ones).

monty
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 11:26 am

Zeno wrote:

Funny that someone from Singapore is predicting widespread rioting in California, and telling everyone to get a gun or three. Have you spent much time in the barrios of LA?

Why do you think that Latinos in inner city LA will go berserk if schools temporarily close - they close every summer. Inner city kids have a high dropout rate, and they have a high unemployment/underemployment rate. A school crisis will probably incrementally increase some problems, but not much evidence it will lead to helter skelter.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 11:31 am

Well Monty, i reckon that in the same way Quebec and France are an ocean apart, so is Cali and the Asian continent? <.<

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 11:44 am

phil777 wrote:
Ruveyn, as much of a practical solution that would be, some of us would like to avoid that. <.< i'm up for using crowd control weapons though (non lethal ones).

I am a pragmatist. I believe in whatever works.

Besides, machine gunning hooligans will discourage others from disorderly conduct.

Has the current Chinese government had any further problems since Tienamen Square? Dead people do not riot a second time.

ruveyn

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 12:44 pm

Where were you in '92? California (or at least L.A.) has already had riots. That's nice that from as far away as Singapore you are paying close attention to Californian school budgets. But your guess on what will happen because of them and how people should respond is way off base.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 12:54 pm

Frankly, I see California as a test tube of what's going to happen to all the nation if nothing is done to stop it.

If the state burns when they can't pay bills and people start getting violent, it will be used to test what does and doesn't work to maintain the power of those in power. It will also be used to see how much sympathy is found nationwide for those rioting or if people support the action of the government to maintain order.

All the mismanagement going on in California has been developing on a national level, and all the cries to avoid such bad choices have gone largely unheeded.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 1:23 pm

As much as I'd like to see California crumble, I doubt that's going to happen just because of their budget crisis. That's too bad, since it's a perfectly nice place that's unfortunately full of Californians, and anything to reduce their numbers would be a blessing, but I just don't see it happening. I'd agree with the man from Singapore that the residents of the PRK should snap up as many guns as possible, though my reason would be to get them before that misguided state enacts any more foolish restrictions rather than for riot protection, though they'll work just fine if it came to that.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 4:09 pm

ruveyn wrote:

Has the current Chinese government had any further problems since Tienamen Square?

Yes.

NobelCynic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 4:20 pm

ruveyn wrote:
If the young hooligans go on a rampage, the National Guard can come in and machine gun them to death. Problem solved.

They didn't do that well in Detroit in '67

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 4:27 pm

It's more likely that China will have riot problems. Those ret*ds in charge should be put out of power IMNSHO...

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 4:52 pm

One of my greatest fears is a breakdown in society...

just_ben
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2009, 5:06 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Dead people do not riot a second time.

ruveyn

No, but they make a bit of a stink. :lol:

I'll just be leaving, now.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 5:16 pm

pandd wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

Has the current Chinese government had any further problems since Tienamen Square?

Yes.

One the Army goes into the Muslim western part of China the trouble will be shortlived. Dead people don't riot much.

The answer to rioter is machine gun fire and fragmentation weapons.

ruveyn

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 5:33 pm

ruveyn wrote:
I am a pragmatist. I believe in whatever works.

Besides, machine gunning hooligans will discourage others from disorderly conduct

Yeah after that peoples will stay in line and not speaking against authority, like in any good dictatorship!! !! !

A little bit of idealism will not gonna hurt you.... :roll:

ruveyn wrote:
Has the current Chinese government had any further problems since Tienamen Square? Dead people do not riot a second time.

It certainly had been efficient. But not justified, as the riots had been pacific and most likely will had end up with a democratic government. The only reason the autority had to gun the crowd was a cynical desire to stay in power.

MattShizzle wrote:
California's one of the better states. I'd like to see some of the red ones crumble.

Isn'it the 2004 US election map. As far I'm remenber they're was more blue in 2008. Anyway, even in the redest states they are still people votings democrat...

claire333 wrote:
One of my greatest fears is a breakdown in society...

Don't worry, the society is toughter that it's look. :)