Sexual pleasure equivalent to belief of the Christian faith?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Seanybaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Jan 2006, 7:03 pm

Someone on another forum said in response to my ranting about the local priest's daughter apparently making out that I don't believe in the Christian Faith. Why is that? I'm agnostic but do you need to have sex with multiple partners to be faithful? :?

*Note this should be in Mature Aspies, but I'm confused on whether Religion is more fitting.....*

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2006, 9:25 pm

Seanybaby wrote:
Someone on another forum said in response to my ranting about the local priest's daughter apparently making out that I don't believe in the Christian Faith. Why is that? I'm agnostic but do you need to have sex with multiple partners to be faithful? :?

*Note this should be in Mature Aspies, but I'm confused on whether Religion is more fitting.....*

...If I'm understanding this right, the priest's daughter was making out with someone and you complained about it (because you think it's hypocritical or whatever your reason is)... and then this person started accusing you of being unfaithful?

If that's the case, they either misunderstood you or he/she is an idiot.

three2camp
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jan 2006, 9:46 pm

God made Adam and took a rib to make Eve. Together they made children. That's Old Testament.

New Testament again confirms that ultimate human love is sex (and progeny) between a man and woman.

My dad said that's how Catholics plan to rule the world - just get married and have lots and lots and lots of kids (okay, that was sarcasm).

Love and it's result is part of Christianity.

Now, the local priest's daughter could be rebelling since we're all supposed to wait until we're married and she might be testing her father's limits (again, part of being Christian).

As agnostic and as many Christians fail to realize, IMO, God made us human. That means we will be tempted by someone in tight jeans. Christians may or may not act on that. If they do, then Christians feel guilty about it.

Since we were created as humans, we have human needs. As Christians, we sometimes feel guilt (sin) because we have those needs. So we realize we are human and try to do better tomorrow.

Not all Christians are Jesus and there's a reason for that - Jesus was more than human. The rest of us just muddle along hoping and praying to do better. Tomorrow.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2006, 11:17 pm

God created humans to have sexual desires. That's perfectly normal. It is what we choose to do with these desires is our choice. (I would really rather NOT get into a debate about having sex outside of marriage or homosexuality right now. That is best saved for another time and place.) God created sex to be between a man and woman in the context of marriage.

Another thing: humans aren't perfect. Even Christians are far from perfect. Sometimes, the kids of a priest/pastor/minister are some of the most rebellious teenagers around. All their lives, they have been pressured to be good children and go to church and do what they're told. There is something in the human mind that resents this control, so they rebel.

As an answer to having multiple partners, that is not faithful. Being faithful to someone (especially in the context of marriage) means having one partner and sticking with them through whatever comes. But dating is certaintly not marriage. Even though it would probably be ideal to only be involved in one dating relationship at any given time, until the time you become engaged to be married, I don't see anything that is obviously morally wrong in dating two people at once. Not a good idea, IMO, however.

thatrsdude
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2006, 7:10 am

Masturbating over God, anyone?

Ladysmokeater
Veteran
Veteran

Location: North of Atlanta, South of Boston, East of the Mississippi, and West of the Atlantic

24 Jan 2006, 5:29 am

thatrsdude wrote:
Masturbating over God, anyone?

LOL that has already been addressed in the "happeh" days... lol

Seanybaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Jan 2006, 3:37 pm

Namiko wrote:
God created humans to have sexual desires. That's perfectly normal. It is what we choose to do with these desires is our choice. (I would really rather NOT get into a debate about having sex outside of marriage or homosexuality right now. That is best saved for another time and place.) God created sex to be between a man and woman in the context of marriage.

Another thing: humans aren't perfect. Even Christians are far from perfect. Sometimes, the kids of a priest/pastor/minister are some of the most rebellious teenagers around. All their lives, they have been pressured to be good children and go to church and do what they're told. There is something in the human mind that resents this control, so they rebel.

As an answer to having multiple partners, that is not faithful. Being faithful to someone (especially in the context of marriage) means having one partner and sticking with them through whatever comes. But dating is certaintly not marriage. Even though it would probably be ideal to only be involved in one dating relationship at any given time, until the time you become engaged to be married, I don't see anything that is obviously morally wrong in dating two people at once. Not a good idea, IMO, however.

Yeah, but it shouldn't mean I don't believe in faith. Rather, I didn't believe in rebellious teens becoming sexually lusty until now. Apparently though a lot of deeply religious adolescents have their own way of believing, meaning that to obey Jesus is to not only forgive but follow his sins, since he himself was believed to be a sinner. That's what bothers me about Christianity: it seems peaceful but like other religions it has some deep dark secrets.....

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2006, 7:45 pm

Seanybaby wrote:
Apparently though a lot of deeply religious adolescents have their own way of believing, meaning that to obey Jesus is to not only forgive but follow his sins, since he himself was believed to be a sinner. That's what bothers me about Christianity: it seems peaceful but like other religions it has some deep dark secrets.....

Jesus was believed to be a sinner? I thought the idea was that Jesus never ever sinned although he was tempted?
Is this something that that girl and her friends said, or something that is actually taught?

Seanybaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Jan 2006, 11:29 am

AbominableSnoCone wrote:
Seanybaby wrote:
Apparently though a lot of deeply religious adolescents have their own way of believing, meaning that to obey Jesus is to not only forgive but follow his sins, since he himself was believed to be a sinner. That's what bothers me about Christianity: it seems peaceful but like other religions it has some deep dark secrets.....

Jesus was believed to be a sinner? I thought the idea was that Jesus never ever sinned although he was tempted?
Is this something that that girl and her friends said, or something that is actually taught?

Whoops. I forgot that he was tempted, not actually a sinner. Well.....I did say he was "believed" to be a sinner anyway, so that didn't really mean that I said he "was" a sinner.

I'm not sure about the girl. She never actually said anything religious that I heard. I just think that she's been deceiving her faith since her boyfriend was talking to me about smoking pot. That's what led me to assume that they've been screwing each other..... :?

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2006, 9:52 pm

three2camp wrote:
Not all Christians are Jesus and there's a reason for that - Jesus was more than human. The rest of us just muddle along hoping and praying to do better. Tomorrow.

Oooh pick me, I beg to differ! I think Jesus WAS fully human. I think God sent him because up till then we could use the argument that we couldn't possibly be measure up to what God wants of us because we are human and he is God. I think Jesus came to prove to us that human beings can have an impact and need to take responsibility for themselves, regardless of our limitations. ;)