how many of you buy into fake stuff? like silicone or makeup

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2009
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,532

08 Jul 2009, 2:05 pm

i often thought about it, whats the gigantic deal, everyone knows make-up is paint

everyone knows implants are fake

why do people buy into it?

dont people feel tricked?

apparently. they dont!
i have a good research object in my brother, and apparently: he cannot tell
(we're both adults btw. in case you think im amazed that some kid cant tell)

his instincts go into overdrive, if he sees the FAKEST chick ever, he insists shes all real, he insists shes born with red lips and mascara around her eyes, its VERY difficult to convince him its fake.
i find this amazing
but it also explains how all this fake stuff remains so popular

he is also easily tricked by push-up bras. very very easily tricked, she could have them pushed up past her forehead, and he'd completely lose control

people actually DO believe its real :I


_________________
''In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center.''


BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,257
Location: Westfield

08 Jul 2009, 2:12 pm

I'm fooled sometimes, but not as easily as your brother, I guess.
Some of those implants are too real to tell the difference...


_________________
They leave behind so many shadows. This substance in time forced into life,
still exists because it's here: living in me, living in all the memories, in my life.
Lost inside blank infinity.

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.


CleverKitten
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Apr 2008
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 874
Location: Norfolk, Virginia, USA

08 Jul 2009, 3:00 pm

I wear makeup. But it is not to "fake" beauty. Not at all.

I do not believe that makeup should be used to make a person more beautiful. Any attempt to do so will surely fail.
If a person is pretty, s/he is pretty with or without makeup. If a person is ugly, s/he is ugly with or without makeup.

Rather, face makeup should be used to "clear the canvas," by providing a clear complexion to reduce the amount of distractions from one's outfit and accessories.
That brings me to my next point; Eye makeup, blush, and lipstick can be used much like how jewelry is used; to accentuate a feature, or to add a bit of adornment, pizazz and/or color.

Is wearing a necklace being fake? Is wearing a tie-die shirt being fake? Is wearing shoes being fake? Nobody is born with tie-die skin, or sparkly adornment around the neck, or super tough, durable feet.


_________________
"Life is demanding without understanding."
- Ace of Base

Check out my blog: http://glanceoutthewindow.blogspot.com/


Pascal
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jul 2009
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 94
Location: FRANCE

08 Jul 2009, 3:30 pm

People using make up and adding implants usually want to attract attention, It does not mean they are not worth knowing...
They can be very shy people, caring about others.
Lipstick is supposed to be a visual stimulation in order to get kissed

Ofc It can also be camouflage

reminds me of an old english proverb

"never choose a wife by candlelight"


_________________
1
1 1
1 2 1
1 3 3 1
1 4 6 4 1
1 5 10 10 5 1


roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Nov 2008
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 778

08 Jul 2009, 8:46 pm

I dont notice these sort of things, I never notice. I dont notice if people are wearing makeup and why should I care? I wouldnt know if a women had implants even if I was holding them in my hands 8O Some peoples brains just arnt in tune to these sort of things because, well they just dont care or care to notice. I notice way to many other more important things to be distracted by those sort of things



MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,052
Location: Missouri

08 Jul 2009, 9:46 pm

I remember one girl showing me her implants and I had no idea....they looked real!....but they were a little too perfect ya know.... :wink:

Usually I can tell even with the lip injection and botox and eye brow workds. I will say however, that most men really do buy into these things and it is these very assets that seem to attract them to ladies fake or not. Depends on the quality and job that's been done. That's why there's such a name as a profesional makeup artist....they are very good in their art and deception. In fact, I usually look at makup more as an art form rather than a guise...depending on the style just like hair.

Me...I can't stand makeup. I try to wear out on special occasions but it's irritating.

As for fake boobs, plastic surguries, and injections.....I couldn't aford it even if I wanted to. Even then, it depends on who you go to. Some girls go over board with it that it seems more noticable whereas some girls get a good job.

This trend isn't exclusive to females btw....men are doing some fake stuff to themselves too... :wink:


_________________
I live as I choose or I will not live at all.
~Delores O’Riordan


roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Nov 2008
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 778

08 Jul 2009, 10:36 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
This trend isn't exclusive to females btw....men are doing some fake stuff to themselves too... :wink:


I once worked at a place where there was a guy who had implants, he worked in the ladies shoe department. I got to say they were noticable that he had implants, for some reason they just had a real fake look to them :scratch: (I wish I was joking to, the guy could pock a eye out with them suckers, they were that big :? )



buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Dec 2008
Age: 83
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,662

08 Jul 2009, 10:54 pm

roadracer wrote:
I dont notice these sort of things, I never notice. I dont notice if people are wearing makeup and why should I care? I wouldnt know if a women had implants even if I was holding them in my hands 8O Some peoples brains just arnt in tune to these sort of things because, well they just dont care or care to notice. I notice way to many other more important things to be distracted by those sort of things

This is the same for me. The only thing similar to this I notice is the person's clothes and hair and height and weight, because that's how I identify people.



littlegreenleaf
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 180

09 Jul 2009, 11:48 pm

Hm...I like to wear eyeliner every now and then, particularly the glittery electric-blue kind. I do it for fun. As for plastic surgery, some people are just that insecure about themselves and sometimes see plastic surgery as a way to make that insecurity a little less. I was a little annoyed with my mom because she got some stuff done, because it kind of did feel like a lie to me, but who am I to judge. It's not like I haven't thought about plastic surgery even a little bit as one of those what-if's.



wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,306
Location: WA, USA

10 Jul 2009, 2:53 am

LOL, I can understand your brother, I never even used to notice when people had braces.

Makeup fools me a lot unless the eyelids are like, blue, LOL. And unless I can get close and see the texture, like of foundation. I didn't used to know what it even was. XD;;; But I can tell now. But fake stuff often fools me, and in a way I don't really care. What's the difference, really? And also, how is it so different from less fakey stuff, like laser treatment for scars or bad eyesight or whatever? ("corrections" rather than "improvements".) I mean, you COULD have been born with it, like in a parallel dimension..

I suppose it's just good sense to do the best you can with what's already there, but I don't really have anything against a little supplementation, if that's what does it for you. However, facial plastic surgery, I think, is a bad idea. It ALWAYS looks a liiiittle weird. And come on, that's your face, that's what people see as YOU. Boobs are different because they don't really define you, you know? You don't really communicate with them besides in a sexual way.

But yeah, I'll shut up now.


_________________
"You gotta keep making decisions, even if they're wrong decisions, you know. If you don't make decisions, you're stuffed."
- Joe Simpson


wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,306
Location: WA, USA

10 Jul 2009, 2:59 am

roadracer wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
This trend isn't exclusive to females btw....men are doing some fake stuff to themselves too... :wink:


I once worked at a place where there was a guy who had implants, he worked in the ladies shoe department. I got to say they were noticable that he had implants, for some reason they just had a real fake look to them :scratch: (I wish I was joking to, the guy could pock a eye out with them suckers, they were that big :? )


...like, a tranny? Or man-boob implants, like big pecs or something? (The latter being way funnier.)


_________________
"You gotta keep making decisions, even if they're wrong decisions, you know. If you don't make decisions, you're stuffed."
- Joe Simpson


Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2009
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,373
Location: Red Deer, Alberta, Canada

10 Jul 2009, 5:15 am

I have allergies, and I am too cheap to buy the expensive hypo-allergenic stuff.


_________________
Honour over deciet, merit over luck, courage over popularity, duty over entitlement...dont let the cliques fool you for they have no honour...only superficial deceit.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!


exhausted
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 667

11 Jul 2009, 3:39 pm

i like lipstick because i like the colors. (it's pretty.) i love butch women who wear lipstick because it surprises people. (Me'Shell Ndgeocello!)

implants are just funny. i think the implants themselves would make great bean bags, though. or water balloons. or dog toys!


_________________
punctuation... life is full of punctuation.


roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Nov 2008
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 778

11 Jul 2009, 6:05 pm

wigglyspider wrote:
roadracer wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
This trend isn't exclusive to females btw....men are doing some fake stuff to themselves too... :wink:


I once worked at a place where there was a guy who had implants, he worked in the ladies shoe department. I got to say they were noticable that he had implants, for some reason they just had a real fake look to them :scratch: (I wish I was joking to, the guy could pock a eye out with them suckers, they were that big :? )


...like, a tranny? Or man-boob implants, like big pecs or something? (The latter being way funnier.)


just a guy with giant implants (who only cross dressed on the weekends) so yeah, a guy with giant implants/boobs, like Dolly Parton big (okay, maybe not that big lol), it was very odd, as half the time he would be growing a beard :bigsmurf: , I think he freaked the customers out, especialy because he was known for his shoe fetish, and worked in womens shoes, and was as freaky as could be



MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,560
Location: England

12 Jul 2009, 7:24 am

I don't really notice these things at first glance.

The only way that would happen would be if they were cyborg implants, like a bionic arm, leg or eye :P

In all seriousness, though, women who have obviously had silicone stuffed into their boobies really don't appeal to me, but careful application of make-up can make a woman look really pretty.


_________________
Why so serious?


exhausted
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 667

20 Jul 2009, 8:26 pm

MrSinister wrote:
I don't really notice these things at first glance.

The only way that would happen would be if they were cyborg implants, like a bionic arm, leg or eye :P

In all seriousness, though, women who have obviously had silicone stuffed into their boobies really don't appeal to me, but careful application of make-up can make a woman look really pretty.


if a woman had a bionic eye implanted in her chest--would you notice what color they were more easily?


_________________
punctuation... life is full of punctuation.