Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Do you laugh breathing in or breathing out?
In 18%  18%  [ 7 ]
Out 82%  82%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 38

Kajjie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jul 2009, 2:16 pm

I don't know if I breathe in or out when I laugh, but often I laugh silently - I basically just breathe funny and my shoulders move.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2009, 3:42 pm

I laugh while I breathe out. Doing it while breathing in sounds kinda hard.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2009, 4:11 pm

Aimless wrote:
b9 wrote:

Quote:
usually i do not laugh, but i see things that others find laughable as mildly amusing and i say "psssssssssssss....." in a breathy way with a feeble smile.

me too-much of what people find screamingly funny is only mildly amusing to me. That applies even when I'm the one making the (I think) mildly amusing comment.

The same here. It isn't that I don't 'get' the joke - I can usually understand what it was that was supposed to be funny. It's that I don't see what was so funny about it. To my mind, the joke should have barely raised a smile, yet other people seem to find it hilarious.

Conversely, things that make me laugh a lot seem to barely raise a smile from most others.

Crassus
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jul 2009, 5:02 pm

I call this Right Angle Humor Theory, the funny is all at the same point, but the direction we relate to the funny from might be at right angles to others peoples direction of relation. Some jokes come at the funny from all directions so we all bust a gut to the same level, other jokes are oriented only from one direction, and while we might be able to relate to the direction it goes at to see some of the funny, it doesn't seem to reveal the funny as clearly to us as people that relate in a direction that orients more closely to the joke.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2009, 7:46 pm

I do both.