Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

mikeyb
Raven
Raven

13 Jul 2009, 8:51 pm

I have noticed this in my family and myself, we all have dark bags under our eyes. I am only 19 and I have them, my brother is 15 has them, and even my 9 year old brother has some bags. I posted this thread to ask if there was any way to eliminate the darkness underneath my eyes? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2009, 8:55 pm

Sometimes it's caused by allergies and sometimes it's hyperpigmentation. I've got them too and so did my father and my son.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2009, 9:14 pm

I think it's stress... I get them pretty badly.

inthehills
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jul 2009, 9:45 pm

Me too. No matter what I do, I can't get rid of them. :|

puzzle62
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jul 2009, 11:25 pm

My son would get them when not sleeping well and not eating well, diet has a lot to do with it too. Eat lots of fruits and veggies.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2009, 10:34 am

I got em too, I can't get rid of them but I can hide them with makeup.

y es como un semestre"

Michjo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2009, 11:01 am

Why would you want to remove them? they look nice :D

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Jul 2009, 12:02 pm

Black bags ( and dark heavy shadows ) under the eyes are classic signs of gluten/wheat and/or casein/dairy allergy/intolerance.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2009, 9:11 am

ouinon wrote:
Black bags ( and dark heavy shadows ) under the eyes are classic signs of gluten/wheat and/or casein/dairy allergy/intolerance.

I think this may be true actually as I have a chronic bowel disorder which makes me sensitive to most foods at any given time. I found that when I was eating foods with little gluten or gluten free foods, my dark circles around my eyes lightened up a bit.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2009, 10:00 am

i have not had dark "bags" under my eyes as yet, but i know someone who has had them all his life and they are severe on some days.

they seem to be accentuated by lack of sleep. i think when someone sleeps, their metabolism is reduced to an "idle" state. i also think that during this time of metabolic idleness, that there are few toxins being excreted into the blood stream by metabolism, so the kidneys can work on filtering out the previous day's toxins while not having many new ones do deal with.

why are they "purplish" or "bluish"? it must have something to do with the oxygenation of the blood that courses through the bags. since there is most often no cyanosis anywhere else in the body of people with dark bags under their eyes, i would assume that the respiratory and circulatory system is ok (look at your fingernails. if the skin underneath your fingernails is light pink, then it is an indication of a healthy respiratory and circulatory system. if it bluish then there is a problem).

so why would an otherwise healthy person develop a small patch of unhealthy looking blood vessels?

it may be that there is an area under each eye where arteries become veins through capillaries. since capillaries are so narrow, they would easily become clogged with with impurities that the kidneys can not filter at a pace to match the production of the impurities. maybe most of these artery / vein interchanges are buried deeper in the body and that is why it is most apparent on the face under the eyes.

the clogging would result in blood taking a very long time to transit the capillaries of the "bags" and the blood would become deoxygenated and also the stagnant pressure would result in the "ballooning" of the soft skin surrounding the area.

maybe just always get 8 hours of sleep.

other things to consider are that if most of your family is afflicted, and if they live in the same local environment as you, then there could be a common environmental cause like eg. impurities in your tap water.

do you know if other people in your street or local environment also complain of dark bags under their eyes?

truly i have not many ideas.

LILI
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jul 2009, 9:08 pm

I got them because of allergies to dust mites, cats and many pollens. They were getting worse and worse over the years until I started taking oral antihistamines every day. Drops were not doing it....

Artkitten
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Aug 2009, 12:58 am

I've noticed more noticeable discoloration under my eyes as well. Been bothering me lately. Wondering if I should find a way to trick myself into drinking more water.

tinmaiden
Raven
Raven

17 Aug 2009, 10:48 am

I've always had them, but I've grown to sort of like them. They make a person look like a hard worker, which is a quality I admire in others and desire and work towards in myself. :D

-Fyodor Dostoevsky

idiocratik
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 4:53 pm

I've had that for a long time. It's probably due to smoking and not going to sleep.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 8:36 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_circles

The reason I occasionally get them is definitely from lack of sleep. And no, it doesn't look nearly as bad as the photo on the wikipedia page.

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2009, 9:01 am

Isn't this wha tyou get when you're extremely tired? I'm not sure if I have this, and have never thought of a way to get rid of it.