Do you ever feel like you don't belong in this world?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2006, 12:25 am

I feel that I don't belong in this world. I feel that I belong in the 1960s, when there seemed to be more love, and everything was more attractive.

beentheredonethat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2006, 2:03 am

Quote:
I feel that I don't belong in this world. I feel that I belong in the 1960s, when there seemed to be more love, and everything was more attractive.

No it wasn't. I lived the 60s, and it wasn't.
Beentheredonethat

Roybertito
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jan 2006, 2:11 am

Dude... I feel this way all the time.

I mean, I'm stuck here, so I relate being on another planet to being in another city. I've been stuck here all my life, I really want to leave for that reason. That's why I'm taking a road trip around the US in a few years.

Topics like this make me jittery. I'm gonna go play Katamari Damacy. That'll calm me down.

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2006, 5:06 am

When people talk about this I have to define world before I answer.

If you are talking about the artificial "world" of people and their NT societies then the answer is no, I don't belong.

However, I feel very much a part of the real natural world and in that sense, as an animal in nature, I do belong on this planet.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2006, 10:18 am

My really long answer.

DrizzleMan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2006, 2:51 pm

Parts of the world. Without the scientists, the authors, the game-makers, the mountains and rivers ... this world would be a sad place. There are bits I don't want, like corrupt governments and people who care about nothing apart from money, but the terrible things come with the amazing things. I have to accept the existence of both.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2006, 9:56 pm

I've never belonged and even if I were to become a celebrity with a huge mansion in Malibu, I still wouldn't. But I think I've outgrown the need to "belong" because it would mean not being "me" and I happen to love me very much. Even still, I would hop aboard the spaceship in a second if it was taking me back to my "home world". 8)