Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

gsilver
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2009, 2:51 pm

I finally had my appointment with the sleep clinic on Wednesday, and I was told that *physically* there's nothing wrong with me that would prevent me from falling asleep. The sleep environment that I had when the study was performed was much better than I have at home (much cooler (like low 60s instead of 77 (!) degrees), darker, quieter, longer bed, no noise from neighbors in the middle if the night). Due to the better sleep environment, I was able to (mostly) sleep through the night, even with all the weird equipment I was hooked up to. I'm nowhere near able, financially, to move into a high-end house or apartment that would be cool and quiet enough.

Now, I'm trying to figure out how to fix everything. I already have my swamp cooler running all day, and last night, I tried using earplugs so that I could keep it running at night. It'll still be over 70 degrees inside no matter what, though, even with the swamp cooler running overnight. The windows also aren't shaped properly to mount a real air conditioner.

Any tips on how to find environments that are good for sleeping? (and, how to help make less-than-ideal places better, with all the aspie sensitivities, like noise)

It seems like no matter what I do, I end up in bad environments with roommates that like to get up in the middle of the night, or, now that I'm in an overpriced apartments, neighbors that are up in the middle of the night, and I still hear them anyway.

Last edited by gsilver on 17 Jul 2009, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bhetti
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2009, 2:54 pm

the only thing that puts me to sleep is valium and wearing earplugs. I haven't been able to just fall asleep on my own since I was a teenager.