its pouring down outside, non stop

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2009
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,532

20 Jul 2009, 9:42 am

i love it

i wish it will keep up for the rest of the day

mmmmmmmmmm


_________________
''In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center.''


ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2009
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,532

20 Jul 2009, 11:55 am

still raining. went to the store a while ago, my thighs are still wet

i love rain


_________________
''In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center.''


darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Mar 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,965
Location: Yuma, AZ

20 Jul 2009, 12:25 pm

Lucky.

It's currently perfectly sunny and already 99 degrees Fahrenheit as of 10:24 A.M. with a high of 110 by this afternoon.



xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,918

20 Jul 2009, 12:34 pm

LOOOL! I was really thinking, what the heck is pouring??? I didnt think of rain at all, haha! As here its bright and sunny...but my husband claimed it was pouring down a lot last night.
I didnt notice at all, even if I slept next to a vide open window... and yeah I love summerrain too!


_________________
hi


bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,450

20 Jul 2009, 12:36 pm

Rien tastes salty.... 8)



CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2006
Age: 46
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,968

20 Jul 2009, 12:39 pm

I love weather like that. 8) As long as I don't have to take my oldest out in it. He's ASD too and he's the opposite of me, he HATES to get wet. But I remember even as a child, sitting outside on the pavement in the rain. It felt relaxing. I always sleep better if it's raining when I'm about to go to bed.



ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2009
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,532

20 Jul 2009, 12:40 pm

darkstone, we've recently had temperatures that high, here in norway. which is... as you can imagine, pretty hot for norwegians :D so, lucky indeed!

xalepax, distracted then? :D its still raining, where in the world are you? here it rains... often enough. i still remember a year when it rained 3 months straight. it was like we got to taste what "rainy season" means in southern lands :D
i got sick of rain by then :D

bdhkhsfgk, SALTY rain? uh... you dont happen to live next to a recently exploded chemical factory do you? :S

celticgoddess, yes yes, sleeping + rain = ZZZZZ: )! !! !! ! + kid-standing-allone-in-rain-staring-upwards should have been a worrying-signal for my parents, but meh :D


_________________
''In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center.''


bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,450

20 Jul 2009, 12:45 pm

ZEGH8578 wrote:
darkstone, we've recently had temperatures that high, here in norway. which is... as you can imagine, pretty hot for norwegians :D so, lucky indeed!

xalepax, distracted then? :D its still raining, where in the world are you? here it rains... often enough. i still remember a year when it rained 3 months straight. it was like we got to taste what "rainy season" means in southern lands :D
i got sick of rain by then :D

bdhkhsfgk, SALTY rain? uh... you dont happen to live next to a recently exploded chemical factory do you? :S

celticgoddess, yes yes, sleeping + rain = ZZZZZ: )! !! !! ! + kid-standing-allone-in-rain-staring-upwards should have been a worrying-signal for my parents, but meh :D


Maybe not like salt, but still it tastes (for me) like a mix of water and salt water 8O :roll:.

But where do you live ZEGH? Over here, it doesn't rain at all 8)



Pascal
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jul 2009
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 94
Location: FRANCE

20 Jul 2009, 12:47 pm

Rain drops are falling on the North...

Image


_________________
1
1 1
1 2 1
1 3 3 1
1 4 6 4 1
1 5 10 10 5 1


ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2009
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,532

20 Jul 2009, 12:51 pm

bdhkhsfgk, i live in norways old capital. the oldest 8) the city, despite all it has done for the country, such as being the ONLY, OOONLY norwegian region to kick the swedes back the hell out... are treated as a bunch of mustache-wearing hillbillies >:I
ONE DAY!! ! ONE DAY!! !! !! !! >:I
WE got olav tryggvason up here, he will climb down from the obelisk, and we will have a 4 metre tall bronze viking on our side.

pascal, informative! are you in the north? france seems to have the perfect temperature. which pretty much explains the population densities in those areas, productivity etc i guess... i picture french countryside as neverending bliss in grassland and smiling people w berets and vests :I


_________________
''In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center.''


Pascal
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jul 2009
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 94
Location: FRANCE

20 Jul 2009, 1:03 pm

ZEGH8578 wrote:
i picture french countryside as neverending bliss in grassland and smiling people w berets and vests :I


Exactly!! ! 8)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVJ-W6LioB8[/youtube]


_________________
1
1 1
1 2 1
1 3 3 1
1 4 6 4 1
1 5 10 10 5 1


ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2009
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,532

20 Jul 2009, 1:11 pm

Pascal wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:
i picture french countryside as neverending bliss in grassland and smiling people w berets and vests :I


Exactly!! ! 8)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVJ-W6LioB8[/youtube]


are they saying "merde" when theyre making the sheep-noises? :D

i was about to suggest the striped shirt, but i picture that one more in the city, obviously paris (where else? :o ), w a baguette under his arm, maybe w a little red scarf 8)
going "bonjour d'accord viv'la france!"

:') nothing is funnier than european stereotypes.


_________________
''In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center.''


elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Age: 53
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,534
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

20 Jul 2009, 1:34 pm

We won't see rain here until November, most likely. I like summertime rain, but you just don't get it in the San Francisco Bay Area. Rain only happens here when it's cold.

Hmmm, come to think of it, for a lot of people of WP, it's not summer right now.



Pascal
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jul 2009
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 94
Location: FRANCE

20 Jul 2009, 1:35 pm

ZEGH8578 wrote:

are they saying "merde" when theyre making the sheep-noises? :D

i was about to suggest the striped shirt, but i picture that one more in the city, obviously paris (where else? :o ), w a baguette under his arm, maybe w a little red scarf 8)
going "bonjour d'accord viv'la france!"

:') nothing is funnier than european stereotypes.


Honestly, I don't understand what they are saying, sheep noise does sound like that word..
Did you notice how much they exaggerate the gestures during the speech? ...


_________________
1
1 1
1 2 1
1 3 3 1
1 4 6 4 1
1 5 10 10 5 1


ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2009
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,532

20 Jul 2009, 1:44 pm

elderwanda, i dont think theyre so many :S

of the southern hemisphere, theres... australia, africa and south america. i dont think we have a LOT of african and south american members, which leaves the handful of australians

northern hemisphere rulez 8)

pascal, well gesticulation, to us northerners, seems like a very southern/latinic thing to do, and it includes the french. the masters of gesticulation are the italians of course, then the spanish, but french do it too 8)
norwegians/brits/germans stand right up and down like sticks, w their arms hanging right down, and nod.


_________________
''In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center.''


anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2008
Age: 38
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,682
Location: Europe

20 Jul 2009, 2:11 pm

up there too eh? I got caught in absolutely torrential rain today when walking back from work. I had a take away in a paper bag and it was wasted :cry:

also- it's not a good idea to run in such massive rain while wearing flip flops.


_________________
not a bug - a feature.