Postmen threaten to boycott house after attack by kitten

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 9:17 am

Silvervarg wrote:
Hey, I have a suggestion, I bring my 100 kg (220 pound) Mastiff and let him "scratch" the postman, I bet you there'll never be any complaints again. :lol:

What kind of Mastiff do you have? They're gorgeous dogs.

And xalepax - I have six cats, and I don't think I've ever been scratched by one out of coincidence. I've been scratched multiple times for multiple reasons, from old cats to kittens, but they always knew I was there. It's not always a spiteful thing (one very, very young kitten did scratch me while playing, but she was chasing my fingers (which I let her do)), but it's still done knowingly.

Three years!

Silvervarg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2009, 2:42 am

English Mastiff. :D
(Sorry for late respons, I haven't been online for a while.)

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2009, 3:01 pm

OMG A total overreaction! Sure, as a newspaper girl (now retired...) pets were a huge irritant to me but mainly dogs. The kitten was probably just pawing at the mail and scratched her by mistake. Sure, its justified to send a letter to the owners, but not one demanding the kitten be disciplined! What are they going to do? Sit it down and explain what a bad kitty it has been? It should have just requested that they get a cage for their letter box!

LosFrida
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jul 2009, 1:42 am

RainSong wrote:
And thanks for the rottewiller reference, homeowners. Glad to see stereotypes never die.

Glad I'm not the only one angered by that remark.

This article made me laugh. If this guy wants to see serious cat damage he should ahve my job for a day (cat groomer- like dog grooming but double the blood loss). That kitten is utterly adorable, by the way.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2009, 4:12 am

The postie can just wear gloves to that particular house...problem solved.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2009, 10:15 am

We recently got a letter because our dog was "barking" and she's inside the house, whereas the mailbox is outside.... o.O Shouldn't be any harm, but meh =.= she does stick by the window sometimes...

CRD
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2009, 12:13 pm

phil777 wrote:
We recently got a letter because our dog was "barking" and she's inside the house, whereas the mailbox is outside.... o.O Shouldn't be any harm, but meh =.= she does stick by the window sometimes...

Well thats just silly. To your dog some stranger in a odd outfit is coming to your door with a big bag. If I was a dog I'd bark too, whats in the bag? what are you doing at my house? Who the heck are you? My mom/dad isn't home. Get off my lawn ! Don't you dare pee on my best bush! ect ect....

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2009, 3:44 pm

Quote:
Don't you dare pee on my best bush!

EH!!? 8O