Do you feel it is you against the world?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KevinLA
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2009, 12:09 am

I feel that way but I think this is common with both NTs and people with AS. Am I right about this?

I am having a difficult time dealing with it.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2009, 1:49 am

There were a few years of my childhood when I pondered the consequences of not being strong enough or in possession of enough power to fight off the whole world if I had to, or to survive any of the various doomsday scenarios. What is to ensure that the entire world will not turn against you out of sheer arbitrariness? I now know that other people have hormones like oxytocin that make them secure and bonded with others. They're still vulnerable all the same, but it doesn't bother them.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2009, 4:07 am

i feel like that sometimes.

A common feeling amongst AS and NT's i am sure.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2009, 4:17 am

It's a very competitive world out there, so I am sure that there are a lot of people who feel that it is them against the world. I feel like this all the time, it's just that I don't always deal with it in the same way of which I'm sure others do this as well. Sometimes I think it's ok and rise to the challenge whereas other days I just feel like 'give me a break'.

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2009, 4:39 am

Yeah, I often feel like that, but I'm pretty sure there's a good factual basis to my feeling.

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2009, 4:50 am

KevinLA wrote:
I feel that way but I think this is common with both NTs and people with AS. Am I right about this?

yes it is common.... i think it is a remant of our evolution.

Feyhera
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jul 2009, 7:56 am

KevinLA wrote:

Yes, as an NT, I have often felt the world was against me. Thing is, "the world" is not a person, or even a group of people and it has no soul or sentience with which to sense how each of us feels or what our individual needs may be. So really, what feels like a bunch of people creating the obstacles we encounter in life is actually a product of billions and billions of single decisions made by billions and billions of men (and women) over the course of thousands and thousands of years of human history. We're all coping with the outcome of the bad laws and wars and the stupid or just plain evil choices people have been making for thousands of years. We're also enjoying the fruits of the of the good laws and the peace and the good choices people have been making for those same thousands and thousands of years. The world did not just appear the moment we were born, so, each of us is just struggling like hell to get along in a situation that was already heading a certain way when we were born, and had TONS of momentum behind it. It's really tough out there, I know. And it's impossible to get a complete handle on everything. But, with love and cooperation, and hard work towards mutual beneficiality, we can each of us, using our own effect in the world (and we all have one!), help forge a better world for the people who will be born in a thousand years from now. And think about this: Aren't things actually better for most people now than they've ever been before in Man's history? Really. Think about it. Maybe it will help you have a shift of perspective.

Please visit my blog at: http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php? ... er=Feyhera

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

24 Jul 2009, 7:58 am

Constantly.
It's like I'm the only one who can see through societies lies and everyone else is blind to them. When I try to explain how society is making a fool out of everyone, people either say I'm paranoid or yell at me, asking why I'm always so negative. It seems like my lifes purpose is to expose the truth but with this, it is truly me against the world because no one is willing to accept what I have to say, or to accept me in general.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2009, 8:07 am

I don't think it's unfair, and I'm not bitter about it, but I certainly am unlucky. I have AS, I very likely have Schizophrenia, in the past my personality matched avoidant personality perfectly, in the final year of school I'm having severely degrading mental health and I can't concentrate for crap, which will affect my grades horribly, the only field I'm interested in in medicine, and I'm smart enough to go into it, but my AS is going to stop me. I'm also Anhedonic, and largely dissociated now. I've not only accepted death, but I'm waiting for it. But, someone has to be unlucky, and it's me this time. All I can hope is that there's no afterlife......

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

shomnec
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jul 2009, 8:10 am

I feel this way on a daily basis. Particularly in regard to my autistic-like traits and how I interact with others at work and elsewhere. I want to fight for a fairer balance between the compromises I make in order to survive socially and the free expression I give to my personality. Up until now, I've tried to suppress my austistic-like traits entirely, and want nothing more than to loosen up a bit in that regard.

Dan

Michjo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2009, 8:33 am

Not so much the world being against me, but more so everyone having an "every man for himself" attitude.

EL60
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jul 2009, 8:33 am

Brittany2907 wrote:
Constantly.
It's like I'm the only one who can see through societies lies and everyone else is blind to them. When I try to explain how society is making a fool out of everyone, people either say I'm paranoid or yell at me, asking why I'm always so negative. It seems like my lifes purpose is to expose the truth but with this, it is truly me against the world because no one is willing to accept what I have to say, or to accept me in general.

im excatly the same as you Brittany that i sang a song going to work monday morning ""got to stand up for myself this society doesnt care about anyone and doesnt give a s**t at all"" its me letting everyone know that im not a bad person but really im a very nice person deep down that speaks highly about people.

KevinLA
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2009, 10:23 am

Michjo wrote:
Not so much the world being against me, but more so everyone having an "every man for himself" attitude.

Yeah. I feel the same way.

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2009, 11:04 am

Yeah I often feel this way. Sometimes, I just go into a long sleep period and dream of a better world, but that's not too productive. The best way I think I've ever dealt with it is to just put my blinders on and do my thing. When people step up into my way, I deal with it the best way I can for that moment, whether it's walking around them or knocking them down and walking on top them (metaphorically speaking of course). I think the best thing you can do when you feel like that is to reestablish your short term and long term goals in life and just focus yourself on that. You just don't want the world to distract you from your life. Sometimes you have to realize that it isn't always about them, but it's about you. I mean that in the sense that other people are allowed to be wrong, it isn't of your concern sometimes, unless they are really bringing their drama into your world.

outlier
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2009, 3:20 pm

No. Only against the few who make trouble.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2009, 8:21 pm

All the time.