Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1195 of 1198 [ 19161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1192, 1193, 1194, 1195, 1196, 1197, 1198  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 1:32 pm

If all that "ladies" ever do while men are shoveling snow and thawing the ice is prance around with their handbags, I'd rather be be a man.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 1:33 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
If all that "ladies" ever do while men are shoveling snow and thawing the ice is prance around with their handbags, I'd rather be be a man.

I own one handbag and shovel my own snow.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 1:48 pm

I had my first handbag at 26yrs old because of peer pressure (I was told off, judged and laughed at for not having one). I felt awkward carrying it.

I still feel weird carrying one, but I do like the look of some of them and collect vegan handbags.

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 2:41 pm

I had my first handbag at around 40 years old on a long trip around France because I always seemed to have a lot of stuff to carry around (passport, wallet, change purse, phone, camera, novel, keys, cheque book, gloves, tissues, a brick and a kitchen sink. Mrs Radish always complained of the extra weight in her bag carrying my stuff around too. I felt a little awkward carrying it, but have never cared about peer pressure of fashion.

Back in the UK I continued to carry one. I even had men wolf whistling me! :lol: but only from moving vehicles - I'm not the least bit effeminate, 6 feet tall, built like an out house and have a somewhat rugged look. The small caudroy bag evolved into a large leather bag which I carried for many years. Lately I've started going out without a handbag but sometimes regret not carrying one if stuck in a waiting room somewhere and no novel to read. The merging of camera + phone into one item nowadays is easier too. Still struggle with a massive bunch of keys though.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 2:49 pm

I’ve had my handbag for many years. It’s nothing special but it was given to me used by someone where I used to work. They brought a big bin of used clothes to see if anyone wanted anything, and I took the purse because my other one was worn out.

When I need a nicer one or a different colour I borrow from my daughter, but I’ve only done that a handful of times over the years.

Most of the time I just use a satchel / book bag. All I need to carry is my wallet and keys. Extra glasses and sunglasses stay in my car.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 2:57 pm

Radish wrote:
I had my first handbag at around 40 years old on a long trip around France because I always seemed to have a lot of stuff to carry around (passport, wallet, change purse, phone, camera, novel, keys, cheque book, gloves, tissues, a brick and a kitchen sink. Mrs Radish always complained of the extra weight in her bag carrying my stuff around too. I felt a little awkward carrying it, but have never cared about peer pressure of fashion.

Back in the UK I continued to carry one. I even had men wolf whistling me! :lol: but only from moving vehicles - I'm not the least bit effeminate, 6 feet tall, built like an out house and have a somewhat rugged look. The small caudroy bag evolved into a large leather bag which I carried for many years. Lately I've started going out without a handbag but sometimes regret not carrying one if stuck in a waiting room somewhere and no novel to read. The merging of camera + phone into one item nowadays is easier too. Still struggle with a massive bunch of keys though.

Aww! And haha at being wolf whistled at. :lol:

Men look really cool with their man bags. I prefer that style. Like the BTS members, for example, they're always well dressed and have gorgeous bags

I used to carry things in my pockets, and make friends put my things in their bag. Then I moved onto shopper shopping bags. I like clutches, so carried one of them around for years. Couldn't fit much in that!

It's funny because I'm into dressing up and look put together, yet wouldn't carry a handbag.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 3:01 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I’ve had my handbag for many years. It’s nothing special but it was given to me used by someone where I used to work. They brought a big bin of used clothes to see if anyone wanted anything, and I took the purse because my other one was worn out.

When I need a nicer one or a different colour I borrow from my daughter, but I’ve only done that a handful of times over the years.

Most of the time I just use a satchel / book bag. All I need to carry is my wallet and keys. Extra glasses and sunglasses stay in my car.

Satchels are nice. I have plenty of bags if you want some!

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 3:25 pm

I have a man bag. I like the cross-shoulder bags for men.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 2:00 pm

I dont like Christmas songs, but the silent night below i like.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 3:44 pm

One of my all-time favorite Stephen King horror movies is Carrie.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 7:11 pm

I enjoyed watching the two-part adaptation of Stephen King's novel It.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2022, 12:28 am

I love the sound of cello.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

traven
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2022, 2:12 am

i have no handbag and im the one shoveling snow
there's quite a heap of chores that are good enough for me
:jester:

haven't played the cards right, ofcourse
im not in high esteem with the women, is that why hub thinks im a belowworth person?

there is no amount of (self)humiliation you can do to get up
really 8) 8O

but i've found the word/term/diagnose, it doesn't help irl :scratch:

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2022, 10:35 am

"I have a cat in the head".

I also have problems with writing messages in the Internet. I have problems with concentration and motivation :(

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2022, 10:58 am

I'm learning how to loom knit coffee sleeves. After making all those ear warmers, hats and neck cowls I needed a challenge.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2022, 11:34 am

I'm trying to be as relevant in my present as possible.
It's not enough for me to be present at the moment.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.