Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1081 of 1198 [ 19161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1078, 1079, 1080, 1081, 1082, 1083, 1084 ... 1198  Next

I love belko61
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2020, 7:52 am

You just made me laugh. A good way to start the day, thanks!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2020, 10:45 am

monson86 wrote:
I have a really bad hangover and I'm pretty sure my breath is flammable right now.

That's the main reason that when I want to get fuckt-up I stick to other drugs. After my first hangover I decided I didn't get the appeal of getting really drunk; I've never really drank like some of my relatives, I've never looked at a 26er and thought "that's a good single serving".

That said, I also always keep overproof rum, white whiskey and vodka on hand.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2020, 11:44 am

I can't stand the taste of alcohol. Which is good, because I'm on meds where drinking alcohol would put me in the hospital (not just make me extra tired, but if I remember correctly, it would involve organs shutting down).

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2020, 12:55 pm

Last year I saw a famous comedienne sitting in a park with her friend and several dogs. I saw her and she looked at me as if to say a friendly, "Hi" but with a "Oh God, not again (another fan)" kind of look, so I smiled and looked down and away to show I respected her privacy. Her friend then smiled at me. I said hi to their dogs.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2020, 1:16 pm

Celebrities should remember they would be nowhere without their fans. It costs nothing to at least be friendly.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2020, 1:18 pm

MamaFrankie5259 wrote:
Celebrities should remember they would be nowhere without their fans. It costs nothing to at least be friendly.

Fans should remember that celebrities are still regular people, often people with deep-seated issues who might not deal well with being approached by random and overexcited strangers all the time.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2020, 1:36 pm

I haven't felt a genuine connection with anyone for maybe 10 years. I have friends though i always take on a role with them.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2020, 2:06 pm

I stopped bothering with having friends 9 years ago: not consciously, I moved 200 miles and never thought to find new ones.
And I’ve only just realised this! :lol:
Obviously I don’t miss it. :lol:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2020, 2:08 pm

I'll be in a bad mood until the summer solstice.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2020, 4:23 pm

I now take 11 pills every morning 8O Plus one in the afternoon and 6 at bedtime. 2 for allergies, 1 that's an iron supplement, 2 of the bedtime ones are so I can get a halfway decent amount of sleep, all the rest are to try to keep me from being so miserable that I actually would kill myself (doesn't matter if I want to die, it only matters if I would take any action on that desire).

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2020, 6:04 pm

I learned how to read when I was three years old.

My Tumblr

I love belko61
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2020, 5:48 pm

Not much connection either. I like people well enough but out of sight out of mind.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2020, 5:56 pm

I have been trying to continue an effort to break the cycle of weight issues in my family.

My two uncles both weigh about 300 LBS each but they both act as if they are the fittest people in the family.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2020, 6:16 pm

I have never felt like I fit in anywhere for more than about five minutes. Sometimes I get those five minutes before I'm proven wrong. And yes, this includes my social skills group where most of the participants are on the autism spectrum, and also WP.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2020, 7:40 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I have never felt like I fit in anywhere for more than about five minutes. Sometimes I get those five minutes before I'm proven wrong. And yes, this includes my social skills group where most of the participants are on the autism spectrum, and also WP.

Same.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2020, 7:50 pm

I'm terrible at being a good friend. Somehow something always goes wrong, and usually contact just suddenly stops with no explanation, but it must be something I do because I'm the one unifying factor in all these incidents.

I've reached the point where I don't want to inflict myself upon others as a friend. All I do is take, and what do I have to give back?